Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roe Rut

Roe Rut

Roe Rut here in ayrshire usually around late june into August. friday night i saw a Buck chasing a Doe. Ive lived in this area for 40 yrs and never witnessed it as early. Hes in the freezer.

Was he spraying after her ! It usually is start of july the first part of the rut when its warmer. Its possible its been a mature buck chasing a young doe off his territory .......scott

I saw similar myself this morning. My understanding is that recently calved does give off pheromones that excite the buck. It's nothing to do with the rut.

I saw a Buck chasing a Doe early hours this morning was gonna take the shot on the buck had him in the sights when out the corner of my eye i noticed a charlie creeping on a rabbit he took priority I am afraid buck will have to wait another day.

Seen a four point buck, chasing a young doe around last week, he was determined to make her leave with him, after 20 mins of watching him he left with me.

Shot a young four point buck last night closely following a doe. He didn't let her get more than 10-15metres away without closing the gap.

Watched a buck chase a doe and follower but lucky for him never came out the other side of the wood with them or he would have been in the freezer too.

He was not chasing her he was evicting her lmfao

It's not rutting