More work for Brit.

Another good result. It's very pleasing to see a number of parties with the same interest just getting on with the job. No bickering or comparing c**k size etc. I think it'll be a great time to start training my new mutt, with the increasing amount of knowledgeable guys coming out from behind the cover and the seemingly "newly" found confidence of stalkers to hold their hands up and do the right thing when a shot is miss placed. Looking forward to picking all the brains I can.

Gentleman please "we are the PFJ"
as for dayglow clothing and protection against black thorns when tracking(as UKDTR don't track boar) hi-vis and tuff clothing is a must, something Richard and myself are addressing, I think we will draw the line at the helmet:D
i personally and expect all that are part of our organisation to fully support the UKSHA in what we are all doing to promote tracking and helping stalkers when they call to end suffering.

Just in case you think that we always have successes this is not the case, in my area since April 1st myself another member have had 10 call outs, and out of those ten we have successfully recovered 7 carcasses, 4 dead and 3 had to be dispatched, one other was in my opinion a very close shave for the deer, A miss, the other two where wounded, one was a bottom jaw blown off and the stalker could not find the shot site for me so could not get a handle on the track, the other was this morning and we just could not get to the end for probably many different reasons and it was not for the won't of trying and I fell very guilty and sorry for not finding for the stalker.
so all can see that nothing is 100% find every time,
but with the right training and input our dogs and handlers will do there best,
My little pup is only 9 months old maybe a expect to much, but she will get better with more training and more live tracking.

many thanks to all for your kind comments

Tony

All joking aside Tony, I wouldn't knock the helmet idea totally as a visor or safety glasses can be a real necessity. Not following up deer but working in another role a work mate of mine sustained a nasty wound to the eye when working his way through some bushes one night. At first they thought that he may have sustained permanent damage to the eye.

Keep up the good work guys and keep telling us about it please.

Ask Tony why the other mob wear Kevlar........:scared:some are scared:rofl:not just of boar either.....
Also ask which mob have approved teams that are recognised and approved internationally:D
Also ask which mob supports which mob:norty:
Then ask which mob will support which mob-always......
Even if dressed like Worzel Gummidge.....eh Tony.....all your lacking is the straw in the mouth;)
So 8x57-stir away as it won't work-some do,others talk.......
Waidmannsheil Tony and Brit.

Haha George.....!
Much too much mob in your post:scared:

Waidmannsheil and well done to the tracking team:tiphat:

Having tracked through heavy 'foliage' both in the uk and abroad in my opinion protective clothing and safety glasses or goggle are a must wether tracking deer, boar or ex soldiers on the run from the police ( that's from a film too). Whilst the dog may find it easy weaving in and out of bramble bushes etc a sixteen stone man does not and I'm sure even those not so muscularly built:-| as myself will find ppe a benefit. You need to be concentrating on your dog not worry about getting whipped in the eye or worse in the nether region...

After having two tracks through rape at this time of year, it's all most impossible to walk or track in the tram line let alone get through the crop when the animal goes off it, it gets even more interesting when you have to get on your hands and knees to look at blood,hair or bone, you can imagine how the rifle gets in the way too, rape is not particularly dangerous stuff but is about the worst thing I have encountered to try and track in so far,you can't see your dog,any blood,hair or bone that may have been found and when you do locate the animal you can't see it either,oh and it even more fun when it's wet..!

100% Jez,then some dont understand properly-obviously Tony and others who track do.....those who don't-well,don't.....
Rape is dangerous stuff for tracker and dog-boar kill dogs in rape,bucks can kill in rape.....no PPE=up to you,is your dog/friend not worth it?

It's not the PPE Idea that puts me off but the shiney newness! Mebbie roll about in the mud a wee bit when you're head to toe in new pfanner! All that expensive stuff gives the impression of 'all the gear and no idea!'
Can't be having that!

It's not the PPE Idea that puts me off but the shiney newness! Mebbie roll about in the mud a wee bit when you're head to toe in new pfanner! All that expensive stuff gives the impression of 'all the gear and no idea!'
Can't be having that!
Those that can-don't only teach-they do as well Shabz.....unlike some:rolleyes:

The "newness" may be because they are new......:finger:

Expensive.....
We are sponsored by Pfanner-not expensive at all......then you don't know what we get the gear for-perhaps it's free:cool:

As for all the gear and no idea-I and my dog are proven and judged by top European judges-as all within UKSHA will be/are.....all members are being taught correctly....not by you either Shabby or by me.

I don't talk Shabby-I do.....I teach those who listen and want to learn-unlike some who think they know all already.

So perhaps before being negative yet again-try learning instead of pertaining that your a teacher-when you know nothing of tracking Shabby-nor do you wish to learn either,just another who likes to attempt to stir-I wonder why....

Instead of positivity-always negative.....jealous?

Cant have that!

Go to a UKDTR day,preferably a test day-lets see your dog on a test....prove the mouth behind the keyboard:tiphat:
Then some may respect you-empty vessels make the most noise.....

Those that can-don't only teach-they do as well Shabz.....unlike some:rolleyes:

The "newness" may be because they are new......:finger:

Expensive.....
We are sponsored by Pfanner-not expensive at all......then you don't know what we get the gear for-perhaps it's free:cool:

As for all the gear and no idea-I and my dog are proven and judged by top European judges-as all within UKSHA will be/are.....all members are being taught correctly....not by you either Shabby or by me.

I don't talk Shabby-I do.....I teach those who listen and want to learn-unlike some who think they know all already.

So perhaps before being negative yet again-try learning instead of pertaining that your a teacher-when you know nothing of tracking Shabby-nor do you wish to learn either,just another who likes to attempt to stir-I wonder why....

Instead of positivity-always negative.....jealous?

Cant have that!

Go to a UKDTR day,preferably a test day-lets see your dog on a test....prove the mouth behind the keyboard:tiphat:
Then some may respect you-empty vessels make the most noise.....

lol, I thought you'd like that! I much prefer your comebacks when you've had a couple of whiskeys though!

It's only a gentle ribbing. Most tree surgeons that wear that much pfanner literally do have all the gear and no idea. That's where my prejudice of shiny new comes from! I'm not for a moment suggesting that's the case with you boys. Clearly pfanner believe in you!

As for teaching anyone, I don't ever try to teach anyone anything about their dog. I might offer an opinion on what I might do in their situation but I haven't ever told anyone what to do with a dog. I don't have that particular strain of narcissism!

I'm sorry if I seem to be negative, I have quite a cynical personality, I have to question everything. It's my way of learning. Maybe I am jealous? If love to kill deer for a living. I wouldn't spend much time on here if I did!

lol, I thought you'd like that! I much prefer your comebacks when you've had a couple of whiskeys though!
:rolleyes:Whiskies,or Whisky,singular-those that can,teach!:smug:
It's only a gentle ribbing. Most tree surgeons that wear that much pfanner literally do have all the gear and no idea. That's where my prejudice of shiny new comes from! I'm not for a moment suggesting that's the case with you boys. Clearly pfanner believe in you!

As for teaching anyone, I don't ever try to teach anyone anything about their dog. I might offer an opinion on what I might do in their situation but I haven't ever told anyone what to do with a dog. I don't have that particular strain of narcissism!
Like your signature-those that can,teach!:rofl:
I'm sorry if I seem to be negative, I have quite a cynical personality, I have to question everything. It's my way of learning. Maybe I am jealous? If love to kill deer for a living. I wouldn't spend much time on here if I did!
Negativity is sad....as is jealousy.

Negativity is sad....as is jealousy.

Well, that told me!

I'd probably go for envious rather than jealous, killing deer for a living would just become work eventually! I'd rather stay an enthusiastic amateur.

it's a shame you see me as negative, it's not my intention, honestly. Must be the semantics. I try to write posts in as close to proper English as I can so that I'm understood.

Well, that told me!

I'd probably go for envious rather than jealous, killing deer for a living would just become work eventually! I'd rather stay an enthusiastic amateur.

it's a shame you see me as negative, it's not my intention, honestly. Must be the semantics. I try to write posts in as close to proper English as I can so that I'm understood.

Shabz
this is at a point I do feel saddened that a dog man such as yourself has decided to have a dig at other dog people trying to make a positive difference of which you agree with is beyond me

what shiny clothing has to do with it to try and create an issue over that has no meaning
the UKSHA have managed to show a way forward and gain sponsorship because of that
that is positive belief by a major league company aswell as their other sponsors
George himself and his dog Pascha have also prooved their ability beyond doubt
aswell as Paul Ventress and Thor
So atleast a bit of respect please
As for the OP
all about The UKDTR team Brit and Tony doing a service for tracking and deer stalkers in general
i see you have not made comment about that
but had a dig about the UKSHA or George in particular
not on bud
not on at all
not a rant but an observation

Really makes me laugh Stone.....
All the heroes behind a screen but have zero balls when face to face-you should have came up to the stand at Kelso and introduced yourself Shabz.
PS I ain't English and never will be.....
Envy is also as bad if not worse than jealousy.....

As said,Tony did a good job but be small minded and negative-as you are being that-if you want to admit it or not is up to you.

Again-well done Tony and Brit(be positive Shabz instead of negative)

PMSL Stone-dog man.....he should prove it on a UKDTR test,instead of mouth;)

Last edited:
Shabz
this is at a point I do feel saddened that a dog man such as yourself has decided to have a dig at other dog people trying to make a positive difference of which you agree with is beyond me

what shiny clothing has to do with it to try and create an issue over that has no meaning
the UKSHA have managed to show a way forward and gain sponsorship because of that
that is positive belief by a major league company aswell as their other sponsors
George himself and his dog Pascha have also prooved their ability beyond doubt
aswell as Paul Ventress and Thor
So atleast a bit of respect please
As for the OP
all about The UKDTR team Brit and Tony doing a service for tracking and deer stalkers in general
i see you have not made comment about that
but had a dig about the UKSHA or George in particular
not on bud
not on at all
not a rant but an observation

It really wasn't intended as a dig! Just a joke. It was based on the irony that experienced dog handlers looked brand new. It certainly wasn't meant to be a comment on the ability or knowledge of anybody. Like I said, maybe it's the written word, I'll have to start using smileys or something.

For the record, I unreservedly apologise for taking the mick out of new, clean things. I promise never to chuckle at a shiny helmet or a pair of trousers with the crease still visible.

Last edited:
Just to get back to the thread,

after all the excitement of three live tracks last week, it's back to training and and scent shoes this week.
just come with Brit after she completed a 600 yard trail in the pouring rain,with just scent laid this mornings.
pulled my bloody arms off, needs to be older, and thanks for the tea strainer Richard worked a treat, she tried to eat it but made her sit up and gave her a treat.

Cheers Tony

Yep
you make a valid point there
the SD stand at Kelso updated regularly wot members visited their stand
how many SD members went to Kelso and did not visit their stand
i know I did
but as you say G
you had an impressive stand at Kelso with plenty on there willing to communicate with the public
Christ I spent ages chatting to Ola and he had no idea who I was
but shared the passion
and passion is the drive

Nice going Tony
tracked laid for Storm today
to work tomorrow
Will be start teaching to speak this week aswell

Back