ATEC V Hardy Gen IV

NEMESIS

I'm looking at a quieter Mod for my Blaser R8 & have been looking at the Hardy Gen 4.

Seems I am a bit restricted because of the 15 x 1 Spiggot on the R8.

Can anyone advise please in their experience what would be an upgrade on the ATEC & if the Hardy would provide a noticeable sound reduction of if there are any viable alternatives out there.. (not interested in the T8)
Cheers
Mick

If your after a quieter mod I would not get a hardy I have a hardy gen 4 and an atec I like them both and sound reduction is similar in both if your after a quieter mod I would get a Mae t12 or a jet z I had a jet z on a 243 and it was superb all my rifles will have them on next year

Mick I have just taken delivery of a new R8 in .308. I traded in a Steyr in .308 with an ATEC moderator. The dealer has suggested I try a Hausken (hausken.no) which I plan to do this weekend. He tells me the difference between the Hausken and the ATEC is very noticeable.Looking at their website the db reductions seem good and they do come threaded for Blaser. Might be worth looking into.
I will report back once I test it out.
Stephen

I just got a new R93 in 300wm and paired it with a Hardy. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it reduced recoil and perceived noise.
My 243 R93 has a Jet Z on it and that is brilliant but heavy.

Just got myself a hardy gen 4 for my 243 I prev tried an a tec a jet z and a wildcat and many other mods on it and the hardy was best by a long way far out performs all the others for recoil and sound reduction

Just got myself a hardy gen 4 for my 243 I prev tried an a tec a jet z and a wildcat and many other mods on it and the hardy was best by a long way far out performs all the others for recoil and sound reduction

+1 only mod I've used that is noticeably quieter than it was my pes but the thing was like a fishing priest compared to the gen 4! Just too heavy for me I'm afraid. As a whole package weight & quietness the gen 4 seems pretty good to me.

Back