thermal rifle scope

Been chatting to ATN about the Thor thermal scope. They say they currently have no plans to introduce it outside the US because of export restrictions

Scott Country are bringing one to the market and testing it at the moment I believe but I'm sure they'll be along to confirm if this is true. I also think a tad under 10k was mentioned..

Try Armstrong optical, I'm sure they were doing guide thermal weapon scopes before..

Last edited:
Scott Country are bringing one to the market and testing it at the moment I believe but I'm sure they'll be along to confirm if this is true. I also think a tad under 10k was mentioned..

Try Armstrong optical, I'm sure they were doing guide thermal weapon scopes before..

Were Scott Country doing something with Flir?

Scott country are retailers not manufacturers afaik , Flir are a massive international player , they do manufacture a Ti scope for the US market ,n/a here currently. SPI in the US sell them but I`d be VERY careful importing one , google ITAR and read very carefully , jail is a possibility !

Get in touch with Scott Country They are official on line retailers for the Identifier R 60 thermal riflescope from OPTIX. Around £7800 + VAT it is a most impressive piece of kit. Can be hand held or scope mounted on a Picatinny rail. The best thermal kit out there as yet.

I have been looking at the flir rs 32-64 looks a good unit to export from the states you have to go through the export licence procedure from the state department

I'm yet to be convinced by the resolution of any commercially available unit for the purposes of precision vermin shooting at any appreciable range. Interesting to see how this develops - and hopefully drives prices south at the same time.

I'm yet to be convinced by the resolution of any commercially available unit for the purposes of precision vermin shooting at any appreciable range. Interesting to see how this develops - and hopefully drives prices south at the same time.

With you on this bud, they seem ok for shooting man size targets but could you tell a fox from a dog at range NO, and thats looking thru some very nice top end kit.

With you on this bud, they seem ok for shooting man size targets but could you tell a fox from a dog at range NO, and thats looking thru some very nice top end kit.

I totally agree with this, you need a really high resolution thermal to work safely as a scope, I am sure they are out there but affordable at the moment, I don't think so.

I was waiting for a fox the night before last, when I thought I spotted one through the Guide at about 200+ yards away, looked good but something didn't look 100% about it, turned on the Drone and saw straight away it was a large tabby cat, never ever seen one there before.

We are launching a new thermal imaging riflescope at the CLA, along with the UK distributors, the new Optix Identifier. We have one and have been using it on rabbits and despite it being an expensive piece of kit, it has to be seen to be believed.

Scott Country are the exclusive online retailers of this product.

Full spec and imagery will be on our website at end of this week ready for launch at CLA and the subsequent magazine reviews and articles coming next month. Sporting Rifle and Gunmart are both doing full test reviews as I type this.

The smaller item is the Recognizer which is a hand held, quick attach weapon sight, which at the moment we won't be doing, as the magnification may be changed.

I was personally slightly apprehensive using a thermal scope for shooting, as on something like the .17HMR any obstructing foliage could result in missed shots etc, however I was pleasantly surprised, the detail and definition of the 852x600 resolution is simply incredible. Come have a play with one at the CLA, and also see some other new kit we are launching at the same time.

It has a 1200m detection range, but at 300m we could comfortably identify a fox sized object.

The Identifier is superb quality, magnesium alloy with european optics and feels like a german riflescope, packed with features such as push button 2x and 4x zoom, user selectable reticles etc)

You can see a full review on The Night Vision Show on 1st June, however here is a brief teaser video on the product (click the little You Tube cog and turn to 720P HD however MPR captured video is considerably noticeably less sharp etc than the perceived device image of course)

Last edited:
Back