case trimming

berg

bit of help please ,I am reloading for my 243 ,also I will start on the 308 having the same case can I use the 243 case trimmer or do I need a 308 trimmer ,might be a silly question

bit of help please ,I am reloading for my 243 ,also I will start on the 308 having the same case can I use the 243 case trimmer or do I need a 308 trimmer ,might be a silly question

Generally speaking, get a 308 trimmer. What kind of trimmer set up are you using?~Muir

just a hand held one ,well I fix the shell holder it to a cordless drill think it's a lee one

I'm using the 'Worlds Best Case Trimmer' from Little Crow Gunworks. Its simple and easy to use, covers 243, 7mm-08, 260 Rem and 308. Very consistent and great value for money.

You guys are so helpful. The OP asks one question: a simple question, which none of you bothered to answer. Instead you suggest he dump his gear and buy what you all consider better. Very helpful indeed.:rolleyes:~Muir

Last edited:
Sadly snobbery over the kit you use even extends to the reloading gear in your garage that no one ever sees...lee works and is affordable.
Next time anyone asks what you use tell em Forster! They will never know ;)

Nothing wrong with Lee reloading gear. I will say though make sure your trimmer is caliber specific. The length may be the same between your 2 calibres but the diamter isnt.

Nutty

If you are using the lee case trimmer then you only need to buy the calibre specific central pin. I think it is about £10. The cutter, shell holder and spigot which you put in your drill will be the same as you use in your 243. You may get fed up of changing them around and buy a new set for each calibre but you really only need the central pin. For what it's worth the lee trimmer is simple, cheap and works really well and I have stuck with it rather than forking out on expensive trimmers.

BE

thanks for replys its as I thought ,just trying to be a cheap skate and get away with one ,I will get one for the 308 .I wont be throwing them away I am sure they will do all I need of them , some things are worth spending that bit more on ,iam not sure that a case trimmer is one of those items .

You guys are so helpful. The OP asks one question: a simple question, which none of you bothered to answer. Instead you suggest he dump his gear and buy what you all consider better. Very helpful indeed.:rolleyes:~Muir

well said M

bob.

i also use the lee case trim made for my 6mmbr and it does a cracking job,

i use the CTS case trimmer for my 20 tac and that works fine for the $30 it cost me.

bob.

From your posts I think you did just the same!!!

From your posts I think you did just the same!!!

I don't get it but then, I'm American and am not fluent in English. Explain what I did?~Muir

Back