Chiller too cold

The Singing Stalker

My chiller on its highest setting seems to be way too cold. As in 0 to minus 5 as I discovered when I went to skin a buck yesterday to find it was flipping solid. I cannot turn the temperature up on the knob any more.

anybody know how I can adjust it to the right temp?

have a look at the thermistor maybe going to the wall and needs replacing only know this as bull dog on the PW and on here is a top aircon/and chiller guy

Are you sure you are turning the dial the right way?
In some fridges the higher the number on the dial the colder the fridge.
Backwards but that's how they roll.

You must be doing something wrond if you have put on the correct thermostat, one off a fridge not a freezer it should stop freezing, give me a PM and I will send you my phone number I am sure we can sort it over the phone.

Hi Sikadog, sorry I haven't been in touch. Been a busy week. Just look in the sales section lol.
I will drop you a line next week when normality is restored. I will try a few more tests myself first just in case it is me doing something stupid.
many thanks.
TSS.

Hi TSS since you have had this problem have you heard the compressor cut out ? i you have replaced the thermostat with the correct type it could be that the contactor that is controlled by the thermostat is stuck in keeping the compressor motor running , anyway i am sure sikadog will sort it
cheers Geoff

Back