Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least appropriate toy

Least appropriate toy

While filling in the questionaire about likes and dislikes, I hesitated at the question "favourite toy". It made me think back to all the toys I had which in todays pinky left safe society would make your toes curl.
    Putting matches into old barrell keys and heating them over a match till they ignited and flew out. I took this a step further and ground off several match heads as a propellent and squeezed closed a split shot and rammed it down the key...........Got caught shooting holes in cardboard boxes at some distance!

Carving darts and launching them from a whip into............somewhere?

Bows and arrows

Oh happy days! Over to you............................................... .........

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Peg guns!
    I need an explaination.

Hi Buckup,
    You nail a strong peg to a piece of wood and at the other end fastened a lacky band. You then put a sharpened lollipop stick into the lacky band and then into the jaws of the peg. Then you aim it at the big Ginger Tom from next door!

I know the type! We used to make them with two bits of wood forming a cross, like a low powered crosbow!

Thats the ones! We had lots of fun with those bloody things!

Dads and Grandads allways were the best teachers, but why did they then give us a and deny all knowledge when we got caught by our mums?

blow guns using a bic pen and a bit of , well what ever would blow through it
    chem teacher used to hate us

Is that how Bernard the spider eating monkey met his end Stone? Poor Bernard, cruel Stone.

Dutch Arrows, bloody deadly at 80 yards,