Fiocchi .22 Subsonics

tedster

Avoid these like the plague! 60% or so go supersonic. So there's no consistency and you'd be missing a lot of bunnies etc!

In a navy blue box with a red stripe on the LHS. I bought 500 of the buggers so it'll be a trip back to the gunshop for me, ho-hum.

Avoid these like the plague! 60% or so go supersonic. So there's no consistency and you'd be missing a lot of bunnies etc!

In a navy blue box with a red stripe on the LHS. I bought 500 of the buggers so it'll be a trip back to the gunshop for me, ho-hum.

Will they shoot that badly from everyone's rifle, or just yours? How many rounds did you fire? Was your barrel clean?? Do you think all Fiocchi is bad or just that particular production LOT??~Muir

I've been using Fiocchi subs recently, They are certainly a bit louder than the the Winchesters but I have had absolutely no problems with accuracy, in fact I have switched over to them permanently in the Anschutz 1710.

A few of us have been using them for a few months, with no problems, probably 200 fired without an issue. All 3 rifles are CZ's all just a few years old and not particularly scrubbed clean, We have found them as accurate as CCI's and Winchesters.

No complaints from us

I wonder if I got a bad batch then?

I have done a lot of testing of ammunition on a professional level, much of it with rimfire. Some cartridges are not compatible with a particular gun. Others like the rifle in a certain degree of cleanliness. Most, and this is important, require anywhere from 10 to 50 shots to 'season' the bore before the accuracy settles in on a new variety of ammunition. Bad LOT's (not 'batch') of ammo do happen but companies seldom stay in business long making consistently inaccurate ammunition.~Muir

The 'newer' fiocchi ammo is made in the states..... and not surprisingly performs as crap as the remington stuff! The older fiocchi ammo is in a different box..... with green writing and performed very well! Was on par with rws subsonics and close to eley.

40 grain stuff is consistent in velocity, don't have data here but ran 100 though chrono es was low compared to winchester. No supersonic cracks. Yet to miss a bunny, in fact in my two rimfires its accuracy and precision was better than eley winchester cci and lapua...surprised me too!

Last edited:
I bought 1k of the blue box "subsonics" and now only use them on paper. Hopeless and they were not cheap to add insult to injury.

I HAD a couple of boxes of Fiocchis in .308.
worst ammo I have ever used utter cr4p... zero consistency ... total waste of money

Back