cz 455 mod

ferreting lad

bought my 17hmr cz 455 varmint thumbhole 16 ".. just wondering what the factory thread is as i cant find it anywhere with the bumf that came with it? and in your opinions what is the best mod to buy?

I have a Sak and an Ase Utra Dual which I swap occasionally between my .17HMR and my .22 . On the HMR I can detect little difference in suppression between them.
The Sak although not sexy is very good value for money and easy to clean. If you go for a more complicated baffle set up like the Ase Utra Dual its a nightmare to clean and the HMR round is a pretty dirty one. Leave the Ase too long and you'll have a job removing the internal parts.

Got a Scirrocco on mine - can't compare to the SAK as not used one, but it shows a bit of sign of cutting on the aluminium baffles (it has 3 s/s then the rest are ali) - what my RFD has done with his is swap them all to stainless, I will be doing this when they wear out (several thousand rounds) and it will be tickety boo.

Have used a parker hale too from my 22 and the Scirocco seems quiter.

Just make sure the Scirocco is screwed up tight, becomes a bugger to get the baffles apart if left loose.

Back