Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Experience Of Yetis?

Any Experience Of Yetis?

Morning All!

I was wondering if anybody on the forum has had any real world experience of the Skoda Yeti 4x4 model. My good mrs has taken a shine to one and I'd like other users comments on onroad and offroad handling and fuel economy especially for the 105 horse 4x4 diesel version.

Many Thanks in Advance,

I thought this was going to be a much more interesting hunting thread.

Can't help you with the 4x4 aspect as mine is the 2WD 'Greenline version.
    But I've had it for a year now and it's a cracker. Handling-wise it's really fun to drive - based on VW Golf underpinnings I believe, so the suspension & handling are pretty refined. I've got the measly 1.6 TDI engine, which is a good match for the car and I haven't felt the need for anything more powerful yet it can return 50-60mpg quite easily. probably my only negative comment is that the paintwork is a bit soft and easily scratched. The cabin's well laid-out and comfortable for me (6'4") on long journeys. The boot's big enough to handle the luggage of my family of 4 plus the seats come out easily enough if you need more loadspace.
    We had a Mitsubishi ASX for a couple of weeks while the Yeti was in for repairs after a minor rta just before Easter. I though it was a truely dreadful car - handling and ride so soft it made us all car-sick from the wallowing, the power-steering was very soggy and the cabin felt tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    i was having visions of close encounters in the Himalayan snow clad mountains.

A former work colleague has one - loves it....

She drove it through terrible snow in Germany last year and said it felt very very safe and 'solid', never felt like it was going to lose traction; she also covers big miles with her job, and says it is very comfy.

(Only observation I'd make is that the boot isn't as big as you may expect....but then again, I look at it from a perspective of "Could I get my dog cage in there?"....the Yeti boot is wide, but tall rather than deep, if that makes sense!)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I have had one for a couple of years. Great in the snow, not used it much off road. Boot space is alot smaller than the Octavia estate that I had before.
    Only negative that I can think of is the spraycan repair if a tyre is punctured.
    I can get my dog cage in the boot, but he aint a big rover.
    I have a tow hitch and roof rack if I run out of space for the other stuff.

Our HM Coastguard Sector Manager has one. I have driven it a few times and it seems to handle well on the road and is comfortable to drive. Essentially a road car but with four wheel drive. I will certainly look at them when it is time to change my Honda CRV.

Jezza likes them:

You have to ask yourself "do I want to be a Scoda driver".

Two neighbours have them. They seem OK in the snow. No space for a spare wheel (one neighbour has one and it just sits in the boot).

Pig ugly. One of the worst looking cars on the road IMO!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

One of the syndicate members has one on my local shoot - fantastic and surprisingly capable offroad, make sure you add the belly pan as it is an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    So did I. I was getting ready to retell a harrowing experience I once had. Well I'll tell it anyway.

We were a party of 4 carrying out a roe doe cull in the winter months in the wilderness of Northern England. We had been to the local Pub and after closing time had continued with a glass or two of single malt back at the cabin before turning in. Later in the night I awoke with a start hearing a bump and a deep groan and saw a large hair covered figure of creature move ape like through our cabin! It was only in the morning that one of the more senior members of the hunting party (with a weak bladder) proudly admitted to never wearing bedclothes. Sorry, thats my best Yeti story.