Favourite obituaries

Believe it or not, i used to have a book of epitaphs. I cant remeber many now but one sticks in my mind. Here lie I, no wonder i'm dead. A broad wheeled wagon drove over my head. Grim death took me without a warning. I was fine at night but dead by morning.

Ezzy

There is of course Byron's epitaph for Lord Castlereagh from 1816:

Posterity will ne'er survey
A nobler scene than this.
Here lie the bones of Castlereagh.
Stop traveller, and ****.

One of the best I heard was a DJ called ROBIN GALLOWAY up here on the then REAL RADIO doin wind up calls . He phoned a local paper up north for an obituary.

PETER REID IS DEED " VOLVO FOR SALE "

I think you can still get them on you tube.....scott

One of the best I heard was a DJ called ROBIN GALLOWAY up here on the then REAL RADIO doin wind up calls . He phoned a local paper up north for an obituary.

Hector here Hector Brocklebank of HB fash. I have 14 tone of cod and 15 tone of haddock. Am I coming up the front or the back. They wynd ups were excellent.:rofl::rofl:

Regards kev

A real Northerner would have missed the "IS" oot and saved a few pennies.
They should have rumbled him straightaway.

:rofl::rofl:

Back