Cull beasts

Taff

I often read on here " cull beasts" which are cheaper to shoot, surely all shot animals are cull beasts, other wise you would not shoot them, if they are not on the cull list ( all deer except the very big red stags are on mine) then you would not be shooting them. I know some one is going to say trophy heads, but the game dealer does,nt pay extra for antler.

but the game dealer does,nt pay extra for antler.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear another one of these posts, OK I'll bite, well my game dealer will and does.

There is more politics and unrest on here recently than in the houses of parliament.

I think a group hug is in order.

It's better to enjoy this hobby than loose sleep over threads.

I suppose it's just a short hand way of saying 'animals people are not willing to pay extra to shoot'.
That's about it. Maybe a shot fee on your outing fee then the trophy fee.
All this only applies to male deer unless anyone has been unlucky to have shot a trophy doe!

I often read on here " cull beasts" which are cheaper to shoot, surely all shot animals are cull beasts, other wise you would not shoot them, if they are not on the cull list ( all deer except the very big red stags are on mine) then you would not be shooting them. I know some one is going to say trophy heads, but the game dealer does,nt pay extra for antler.
Your a lucky man to include everything in your cull plan, you must have 6 point+ bucks running everywhere! Thought about taking in paying stalkers? I'm more than happy shooting cull animals of all species and don't want to pay extra for a trophy, but guides pay for their leases and any good deer that need culling then why not let a paying gun shoot it? Shot with a man in Hertfordshire years ago as a guest a couple of times, mainly fallow, but he would always shoot or ask me to, shoot the biggest buck in the herd, but I tell him to stick to the pricketts or does( lots of them) but he would not, so god knows what the deer situation on his ground is like now! :(

The OP has a real point and I feel the name in its self is the problem (CULL BEAST) Anyone managing deer should have a cull plan that could be shoot everything in season .To leave all good quality dose or even don't shoot certain deer because numbers are low.
But most guide will manage deer to become a sustainable resource that said there will need to be cull animals of all age groups and differing quality..

but the game dealer does,nt pay extra for antler.

Oh dear another one of these posts, OK I'll bite, well my game dealer will and does.[/QUOTE]

Boggys post above.....
LMFAO......us Doric loons are canny though mannie:rofl::thumb:
Game dealers ken nae tae tak i **** wi us:rofl:

The way I see it is when someone says a 'cull beast' or a 'good cull' when describing an animal they normally mean one they'd take in preference, so maybe a generally poorer animal than the norm on their ground, or even one which is sick or injured. It's just a turn of phrase really and doesn't mean it's the only type in the cull plan.

I agree Alex so why don't we just say you can shoot the Shi te lol.Anthing else will be charged at the said rate.

Your a lucky man to include everything in your cull plan, you must have 6 point+ bucks running everywhere! Thought about taking in paying stalkers? I'm more than happy shooting cull animals of all species and don't want to pay extra for a trophy, but guides pay for their leases and any good deer that need culling then why not let a paying gun shoot it? Shot with a man in Hertfordshire years ago as a guest a couple of times, mainly fallow, but he would always shoot or ask me to, shoot the biggest buck in the herd, but I tell him to stick to the pricketts or does( lots of them) but he would not, so god knows what the deer situation on his ground is like now! :(

He may be right as fallow are very transient, and he is working on the principle if he doesn't shoot it next door will, I don,t take payin stalkers out anymore but do take friends/fellow shooters for free, and many have shot 6 point roe, red stags to 16points and plenty of very big fallow. As I stalk dense woods with thick rhododendron with a large number of transient red and fallow a cull plan does not work.
My point was if it's not a cull beast then it would not be shot. or does the price someone is willing to pay, make a breeding animal a cull animal.

My point was if it's not a cull beast then it would not be shot. or does the price someone is willing to pay, make a breeding animal a cull animal.

So long as there are people wealthy and willing enough to pay it probably does.

atb Tim

Back