Thread: Just waiting for first light.

Just waiting for first light.

Had absolutely no joy in the evenings and haven't as much as seen a buck for the last couple of weeks. Knocking off the night shift early and heading out for a rake about. I know there's plenty around but it's been a case of wrong time, wrong place.
    Here's hoping but there's usually plenty to see. Great time of the day.

Hope you had good luck phit.
    Atb Tom

Cheers Tom but wrong time wrong place again. Walked out in the dark at the back of 3 to a good vantage point. Sat for a good 1 1/2 hrs but wind changed. Walked up another bit, bumped 2 does within touching distance almost. Still no bucks and no foxes either.

On the contrary. I have been seeing bucks, morning, noon and night on all or most stalks I have been on in the last few weeks.

This is one from last night.

Although as you can see from the photo I had my video camera and tripod with me, I did not manage to get this one on film. He was not standing still for long enough. He was invading a massive bucks territory, he was constantly on the move and did not settle.

In the same field on Saturday night my stepdad and I saw a monster buck fraying every tree, shrub and bush in sight, he was the one I was after last night but this little 5 point fellow fell to the 130 grain Hornady Interlock shot from my 270 Win Tikka T3 Lite.

Last edited by 270Buck; 06-06-2014 at 11:06.