Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arran BASC October

Arran BASC October

Anyone heading up there in October? This will be my first experience of a trip like this

I've been looking at the scheme, almost looks too good to be true. I think I'll have to start doing the groundwork with the Mrs now and see if I can get up next year when I've got my level 1. Are you going alone or have you got a buddy?
    I hope you have a fantastic time!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY

Sprocker, Try to get a buddy to go with you.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Going by what i'v been told you need a pal or another lad with you , Crouch valley on here go's every year a few times drop him a pm as to your needs and a bit of background info/ help. its not a walk in the park unless you are from/used to the hills .!

I posted not long ago,looking to buddy up,so whos up for it even next year?

Yeah I'm going on my todd, sounds great just got to get there and find a place to stay without breaking the bank!

SimpleSimon you need level 2 or at least be registered for it before you can attend the BASC scheme just for info, Also go in pairs so you dont get put with a numpty.

I thought it was level 1,or has it changed,?

Always been level 2 or registered as 375 mag say's above.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Yep I'm going up on the first week and can't wait especially as I've got a couple of days stalking Sika before getting onto Arran.
    Sprocker101 if I can be of any help at all PM me. It's not the easiest of stalking but very rewarding the weather can be a bit temperamental there take at least two coats if you can. We had a awesome week on the stags last year with six stags between me and my mate one was a lovely fifteen pointer. Here's a couple of pics to wet your appetite but don't think it's easy this is my ninth stag week I've been on and it's taken that long to have a week like that but put the effort in and it pays off. Don't sit in the pub if it's raining make the most of it. And good luck mate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg