Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Suffolk

Hello from Suffolk

Hello all,

I have not introduced myself properly so I thought I should follow the SD policy and say hi. I am nick, live on the suffolk/Norfolk boundary and have only recently started stalking. I have a Vizsla in training and shoot (usually from quad sticks) my Sako .308. I have been really lucky in having the opportunity to stalk Munty, Red, CWD and Roe after my first stalk on 2 Feb this year and amazingly have shot 18 animals to date even with a busy day job. (no reds yet)

I have also seen some amazing things in the wild so far - a perruque roe doe, an infested (lung worm and something else very wrong) CWD shot on the broads and as my wife is a vet, we get asked all sorts of random questions with people sending me photos or videos of what they have found.

I am hoping that I will be able to use my vizsla to help any of you if you loose a deer - I just need some more expertise in learning how to teach my dog to track so if there are any of you able to show me the ropes I would be grateful.

Thats all from me - take it easy and hope to chat soon.

Hello Nick,
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find it both informative and entertaining.
    All the best

Welcome mate from a fellow Suffolk stalker. Sounds like you are having a blast so far with a fair few deer seen and shot so far. Wish i was as lucky as you lol. All the best mate and may the good times continue.

Attachment 43123What a start I thought I was lucky mate all the best to you mate from yet another Suffolk stalker, I got this one and a small vixen last nite with me mate Trev, bazil

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    what's that mean MS, cant work it out?. deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    what's that mean MS, cant work it out?. deerwarden
    It's a personal greeting which he'll understand mate.
    Hope you are well.

Yes mate I'm very well, you still busy locally. John

sounds like hot fuzz yarp