German WWII Binoculars

Glen of Imaal

I recently purchased a pair of binoculars in an antique shop for 40euro. I saw a 1942 year stamp on the leather case and a German Army stamp with the letters WaA 14. They were in good condition so I reckoned they were well worth 40 quid! When I got them home I saw a makers code blc with a blue dot which is the Carl Zeiss stamp. They are 7x50. Other marks are Dienstglas and a serial number. A search on the internet led down a quagmire of information and disinformation.

If anybody knows a bit about them I'd appreciate any info.
I'd like to know an approximate value and also if it is worth getting them cleaned- there is a bit of discolouring in one lense. My phone is in for repair but I'll try and upload a few photo's later.
Many thanks,

I recently purchased a pair of binoculars in an antique shop for 40euro. I saw a 1942 year stamp on the leather case and a German Army stamp with the letters WaA 14. They were in good condition so I reckoned they were well worth 40 quid! When I got them home I saw a makers code blc with a blue dot which is the Carl Zeiss stamp. They are 7x50. Other marks are Dienstglas and a serial number. A search on the internet led down a quagmire of information and disinformation.

If anybody knows a bit about them I'd appreciate any info.
I'd like to know an approximate value and also if it is worth getting them cleaned- there is a bit of discolouring in one lense. My phone is in for repair but I'll try and upload a few photo's later.
Many thanks,

Try www.wehrmacht-awards.com
An American site (so when it comes to values they talk $) but they have many different forums and someone will have answers for you
atb

My first pair of binoculars, which I used for years, was a pair of very large Zeiss from WWII, which I bought at a yard saile for $20.00. They were actually pretty darn good, and a bargain for me.

I got a pair of 6x30 german bins from my mother in law. Her father had 'liberated" them from a german soldier in North Africa. They are stamped with the CAG makers mark which was for Swarovski. Apparently the army commissioned numerous makers and the 3 digit code denotes which one. The other mark I believe identifies whether the lubricants used were for hot weather conditions or cold. Mine have a triangle which was for hot weather and makes sense given they are a desert colour paint finish and were acquired in Africa.

Don't think they are worth a fortune but I did decide it was worth getting them serviced by Glasgow Binocular Repairs. Think that cost me 60 quid and has left them really bright and clear. Not quite up to stalking use but nice to have and I think it would be worthwhile getting them looked at.

Andy

Thanks for the info guys. I have heard that Glasgow binocular Repairs are the best for repairs to vintage binos. I think that is the root I'll take.

I thought some similar made silly money at an auction early this year, cannot recall which auction

D

Back