Shooting Sticks

TikkaUser

Hey Guys, Without spending a crazy amount of money what seems to be the general consensus of a decent set of telescopic Sticks and wheres the best place to order them? Many thanks

I have tried all types of cheap sticks and they all work with practice. I must admit I do like the Primos gen2 tripod trigger stick I purchased from Bushwear it is very stable and great on uneven ground,much better than the gen1. You can use it kneeling and sitting and it is quiet when extending.

forget that! £40 quad sticks from limulus (Tony), best £40 you'll ever spend. ok not telescopic, but so sturdy you might as well just stay standing

forget that! £40 quad sticks from limulus (Tony), best £40 you'll ever spend. ok not telescopic, but so sturdy you might as well just stay standing

PKL is spot on. Even better, 4 sticks for £8 from Homebase. Regards JCS

I would not spend hundreds on sticks. I paid £30 for a pair of X3M telescopic tripod sticks and they work just fine. The quad sticks don't work for me as I like to have the flexibility to site or shoot prone. Both I can do with the telescopic tripod sticks as well as standing.

I bought a pair of the Bushwear ones, they were on offer and about a tenner - they have been faultless.

Two fox camlock fishing bank sticks "approx 15quid each" bolt them through at the top approx 6in down "or whatever suits you" some foam for bike handlebars "Halfords or ebay" and ya got a set of shooting sticks that will last you a lifetime for not a lot of money.
Regards
Jimmy

Don't buy the bushwear ones I bought a double and triple set when they were on offer I've had to tape the doubles to a certain height as they collapse no probs and I'd prefer not to use them with a guest the tripod set are just as useless last week a nice buck escaped the thud of the rifle through them going down in height etc even though their flimsy locks were there then another buck NEARLY got away which has turned out to be a likely bronze because of them they are absolutely useless going no make myself up a set from wood from homebase next time in splashing out will be the primos tripod.

I have tried all types of cheap sticks and they all work with practice. I must admit I do like the Primos gen2 tripod trigger stick I purchased from Bushwear it is very stable and great on uneven ground,much better than the gen1. You can use it kneeling and sitting and it is quiet when extending.

+1 on the tripod trigger sticks, not cheap but worth every penny.

I quite often set up an ambush just stand in a good spot in a hedge hang your rifle on the sticks and relax, you can use your bins and a call as well. This is great for roe bucks and foxes, first time out with mine I shot a 160 and 180 yd fox they are so steady. If you need to you can drop them right down in a second for a kneeling/sitting shot. No other sticks work well on uneven ground.
Only down side a bit heavy and be careful about knocking the legs together for noise. Might put a put a strap on mine..top tip.

Quad sticks all the way. Even steadier than a bench rest. Better still if you make your own. Check out Youtube for a few ideas.

I have one of the more expensive sets on test at the moment, quite hard to switch from mine, however if you were to use these from scratch then they are a very good tool. I will continue to use them over the summer and on a Fallow trip in November.

Tim.243

Can't get to grips with anthing but a full length single stick when in the feild but each to his own.

In consequence I have the following sitting in my den that get used once a year if they are lucky:

61XbIP26QGL._SL1500_.jpg
31KWE%2BR4nXL._SY300_.jpg

Both are well made.

K

Back