Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .25-06 Blaser R93

.25-06 Blaser R93

I am in the process of choosing a new rifle. I am going for a .25-06, and after much deliberation and handling of various rifles I have decided on a Blaser. As I'm sure you are aware, Blaser no longer make the R93 in .25-06, and it has never been an option in the R8. As such I am in a slightly tricky situation, and have a couple of questions I was hoping someone on here might be able to answer.

1) The obvious option is to wait for the full rifle to come up for sale 2nd hand somewhere.

2) I have found a couple of .25-06 R93 barrels for sale. Is it possible to buy the action/stock separately as well? As yet I have not found this available. All I can find for sale are either full rifles or barrels. Would a gun dealer swap the .25-06 barrel onto another R93, and then sell the other barrel separately?

3) Is it possible to get a Blaser barrel custom made? I have a feeling this isn't possible, but would be happy to be told otherwise!

4) Another option would be to get another calibre on my ticket, buy the full Rifle in that calibre, and purchase the .25-06 barrel. Whilst tempting, I don't feel I could justify another rifle.

Any other thoughts? And before people start telling me to choose a different calibre and/or rifle, I am set on this combination, and am simply seeking advice on how best to get hold of one.

Thanks in advance.

R Mcleods in Tain have 2 Blaser 25-06 Barrels in stock.

If you speak to Gregor Mcleod I'm sure he would be more than happy to make you a rifle up using one of them in whatever configuration you wish.

For your information you can buy all the bits separately Action/stock, Bolt, Bolt Head, Barrel, etc.....

There is a guy in Germany who makes Blaser barrels Bixn-Andy - Läufe

"If you don't belong, don't be long"

Thanks moses, appreciate the input. In no rush for the set up, but will give Gregor a call when I get some time.

Personally I would choose the professional stock over the off-road version.

Mr McLeod will see you right.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Pro Success the way to go

Thanks for the input, had my eye on the professional stock or the pro success if I can find one when the time comes round to get it.

Good choices. I liked my .25-06 and I liked the following stock when I handled it - Blaser USA:Professional Success Don't hang about.

Good to know, cheers JCS.

I have a left handed 'off road pro' - Are the barrels interchangeable ?
    That is to say are all barrels suitable for left handed bolts ?

If it is a R93 then it wont matter if the bolt is left handed or right handed as it will fit all R93 barrels.