Buck and fox targets

glogin

buck.jpg

fox.jpg

Yes?

Those targets od rather the Fox one, they use a Roe Buck that is more real like the Fox one, at The British Sporting Rifle Club at Bisley. I think the BDS uses them as well. others available are a Capercallie and Red Stag plus a Moose that I am aware of.

I also have a muntjac target that is very similar. It's on my target board now but I've not seen them for sale since I got hold of the current one. :(

willie_gunn

finnbear270 said:
Not wanting to be contentious here, I would think that the scores aft of the 8 ring should be exhibiting negative scores! :eek:
Steve, when taking the BDS range test, anything outside of the 10 ring is a fail, so you can't get any more negative than that :lol:
In real life, anybody getting anywhere further back than the eight shouldn't really be shooting at live animals in my opinion :(
I was conducting a test once, prior to going out on the ground, and told the guy to put two in the heart to show me he knew what to aim for.
He was faffing around, coming out of the aim then using his binos then cleaning his glasses. I asked him what was wrong and his answer :confused:
I can't see a heart on the target :lol:
My answer, it is hidden just INSIDE the rib cage, his reply, Oh! I wondered why I couldn't see it :eek:
He then put two right through the saddle :cry:

with out going off topic does any one now if you can still get the range representative ones of a Roe buck and Roe doe in colour so it was a true representation of the target size a think they were 100 yards the bds used to do them but i cant see them on the web site

i think the plotter at work is going to get some overtime next week, and me too! cant think of anything better - getting paid whilst dipping your pen in the company ink :eek:

I've just tried and failed to find on the net a copy of the pre-war German Jaeger-examination target series, which included, amongst the various beasts of the chase, an armed poacher.

O tempora, O mores!

The top Roe target appears to be a copy of the target used by the MOD in 1976 with a ten centimetre/four inch bull area.

I have one on a frame with the `vital chest area` cut out so that inserts could be put on the target and not wrecking the woodwork caused by multiple shot placement .
That MOD target had a notice on the bottom right corner which stated `By kind permission of DJV`. [ Deutsher Jager Verband being the German hunting organisation. ]

After that BDS had a similar target facing the right but now the 10 ring was 5cm, 9 ring 9cm, 8 ring 13cm, mis-shapen 7 ring 15/16cm.
When I did the BDS woodland stalkers competence cert. [ NSCC ] in 1984 we had to place 3 shots within the 4 inch circle of the grouping target at 100yds and 6 shots on the Roebuck up-to and inclusive of the 5 ring of the Buck target from different shooting positions.

Below is a photo of a BDS insert supplied to me a few years ago before I cancelled my sub.
I use a similar one but with sharper lines for my 3 annual stalkers shoots.
TRIPOD.jpg

HWH.

HWH,

That's the one where you don't actually have to put your crosshair inside the 10 ring to score maximum isn't it? ;)

What I mean is, if you line the horizontal wire of your 'scope up on the top of the white foliage on the right, and do the same with your vertical wire on a similar piece underneath, you are guaranteed to be in.

Probably, but I look at it as a map of England in reverse and guess where the middle is. [ problem is I sometimes forget to aim at the target TOP when at 40 yards off the rotten sticks ! ]

HWH.

stag1933 said:
Probably, but I look at it as a map of England in reverse and guess where the middle is. [ problem is I sometimes forget to aim at the target TOP when at 40 yards off the rotten sticks ! ]

HWH.

So Birmingham cops it then? :D

Back