Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MacLeod's

Not exactly a kit 'n bits review, but I feel the need to big up R MacLeod's of Tain. Ordered a S&B by phone yesterday at 9 and had it in my hand by 10 this morning. Having hummed & hawed for a week, checked all the sites etc they come out on top for:

Price - 20 cheaper than the nearest rival, & special delivery was included.
    Availability - the scope I wanted was in stock. Another outfit said I would need to wait 6 weeks!
    Delivery - Tain to NW Herefordshire overnight is good and fair play to the Post Office as well. I wonder what a private operator would have charged to get a package from the wilds of Rossshire to the wilds of Herefordshire?

It's been posted before, but I'll do it again. If you are in the market for a scope, check out MacLeods.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    +1 for Macleod's

We popped in there on the way back from Sutherland last September and I picked up a Harkila Pro-Hunter jacket for less than I'd seen it elsewhere. They gave my wife a couple of the new midge patches to try for free....before I'd bought the jacket

It's a real Aladdin's Cave.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Bought a scope from there in October, 300 cheeper that anywhere else in the country, posted overnight too. Just emailed Gregor actually, looking at another 2 rifles and a new scope so I'll see what comes back from him.

Very helpful and honest and will beat any one prices.

I bought my whole centrefire outfit from them, no one could touch them on price. It would be hard to better the service too. Top people to deal with.

I wish I knew this earlier in the week, I was out with Gregor I would have tried to embarrass the wee sod to buy some advertising

PS He is a good man to deal with though.

I have never met Gregor, but I have spent a bloody fortune with him over the years. A S&B, a Swaro last year and most recently a Blaser.

He is a good guy.

As you say John, it is time he paid for some ad space given the business that gets directed to him off this site.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Landed on his feet again, I'll be over there in the next couple of weeks to collect the 2 rifles I asked for......

Over the past 20 odd years I have taken many clients and friends into Gregors. Always puts a smile on his face when I walk in with a bunch of guys, especially if they are americans.

Good shop, run by a good honest man, although he needs to advertise on here, but JAYB has yet to convince him to spend the money

Gregor's been good to me over the years too. Always cheerful and keen to offer advice and help.
    Can't beat his prices either. He's always got something interesting in the gun racks!

I've found McLeods very good as well. Used to use Grahams in Inverness, till the prices got silly and the quality of some work done on my shotgun by them was terrible. After that i took a trip to Gregor's and have used him ever since.