I bought an old and possibly quite rare rifle, Paker Hale Safari in caliber 222 rem. I wonder if somebody could tell me something about it. I'm interested in the age and origin of this rifle, how many these have been manufactured and what is the type of its mauser action? And also what might be the twist in the barrel (1:14?)
- Marḱs on top of the barrel: "Parker Hale Ltd, Birmingham, England"
- Marks on the left side of the action: "Safari 222R" + BNP with a crown (both on barrel and on action).
- Marks under the barrel (see photo3)
- Apparenly a mauser type action, designed for larger caliber. The "window" on the right side is 80 mm long.
- Detachable magazine, 4 cartridges.
- Barrel lenght 560mm (22")
- Total lenght 1080mm (42,5")
I'd be very grateful if somebody could tell me something about this rifle. I have only one magazine for it and I would also be very grateful of any information where I could find an other one (photo2)?