Bushnell Trophy cam

25-06 Rem

I've got a Bushnell trophy cam with colour viewer, model 119455.

Not used it for a while but its been turned on and left on, some of the batteries in the back have leaked a bit but nothing major. I've renewed the batteries and get a power light on the front of the camera, but nothing on the screen inside !!

Does anyone know if I can have it serviced anywhere or even repaired ??

Cheers

It might be worth asking the question on the chasing game forums:

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php

If it is a "known bug" then the folks over there probably know about it.

The stuff that leaks out of batteries is pretty nasty and can do a lot of damage to circuit boards etc. so if it has got into the boards for the screen, or into the connectors on the cables that attach the screen, then that might be the problem.

I'd guess that as they are cheap electronics it probably isn't worth repairing as it could take a while to get it apart so you are probably looking at a minimum of an hour of labour and that's going to be half the price of a new one plus you don't know where else might be damaged and waiting to die on you.

It might be worth asking the question on the chasing game forums:

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php

If it is a "known bug" then the folks over there probably know about it.

The stuff that leaks out of batteries is pretty nasty and can do a lot of damage to circuit boards etc. so if it has got into the boards for the screen, or into the connectors on the cables that attach the screen, then that might be the problem.

I'd guess that as they are cheap electronics it probably isn't worth repairing as it could take a while to get it apart so you are probably looking at a minimum of an hour of labour and that's going to be half the price of a new one plus you don't know where else might be damaged and waiting to die on you.

Cheers mate thank you.

I have a similar issue with one of my trophy cams, trying using the scart lead to a tv to set it up that way, it works with mine and it still takes great pic/video worth a try lad....

Are the fresh batteries you put in completely new? I know you've said you renewed the batteries, but I get the same as you (light on the front but no screen) if the batteries are running low.

Are the fresh batteries you put in completely new? I know you've said you renewed the batteries, but I get the same as you (light on the front but no screen) if the batteries are running low.

On the subject of batteries use the energizer lithium they without doubt are the best power cell for theses cameras.

Different batteries to normal as they had no Duracell, ill get some different ones tomorrow and try.

Back