home made shooting bench

bobjs

well sort of. made from mm ply and a saw hose (pack of 2) so made one for steve on here as well.

made this yeaterday ready for shooting yesterday evening.

simples. and it woks very very well.

bob.

View attachment 43337View attachment 43338View attachment 43339View attachment 43340View attachment 43341View attachment 43342View attachment 43343View attachment 43344
the last shot is with a bit of shading :)

simples and works better than i thought.

ad if your a lefty you simply turn over the top and screw it on.....simples.

Last edited:
Hi
Seems very light to carry can you give me the dimensions please oh and where did you purchase the stands from?

Thanks in advance.

ajr

here you go.all in CM

125 long

the wider section is 40x40

the narrow section is 25

the base is a set of stanley saw benches, £59 from most tool places.

the front ridge is that of 15mm ply just to stop things sliding off the front, like ammo bono's etc.

cheap to build and simple to have in the truck, both myself and steve think they are smashing for what we need them for. zeroing and long range plinking etc.(saves marking his bonnet with the bipods legs as well.)

bob.

9 inch ply????? - maybe 9mm? :D

Good lookin' bench Bob - not too bad plinking pipes either!!

Ian

cheers Ian ?
9' ply and i could not lift it.
any excuse to show of the skills needed when you have a tight shooting budget, and looking around some places these shooting benches are rather costly.

the tubes are my 20 tac and my 6mmbr, both shoot better than me ;)

regards

bob.

great job bob, I have one like that to, using a draper fold up trestle, but I fitted a car scissor jack on mine, as I didn't have a bipod at the time.
Looking at yours, the plywood top is a better idear as it give you that bit more space.
I have modified a golf bag trolley to carry the table and my kit to my range,

atb
simon

I used a much cheaper 'Work Mate' from Screwfix.
I took the leg part of it off of the Jaws and removed the bits of metal (screws) that I didn't need and fixed it to the table top.
I used a bit of kitchen work top that I had left over from my new kitchen re-fit and the extra thickness/weight makes it stand more stable.
Somewhere on the site someone mentioned making a shooting bench and I mentioned that I still have some table top if anybody local fancied using the same.

Well i was going to get the other chaps bench made up at around £97 plus p.a.t, But thanks to bob i am off to screw fix tomorrow and ply N capping i v got up the shed i can make two for that now.:thumb:

Cracking job Bob, I use something very similar only the saw horse is made by dewalt with adjustable legs.

cheers dickie/leon

i just mentioned it to the lad at work and he had a set of these on order so i asked him to get me a set.

once arrived 1 hour later we had to cheap to make benches.

job done and well happy, it worked a tread on friday and i hope to use it a few more times befor i go under the knife.

regards

bob.

Yes Bob good job done there.

I made a bench using two layers of ply screwed/stuck together and bought 3 legs from Ikea - ones that are telescopic for uneven ground and were fitted at an angle to increase stability

DSCF0284.JPG

Last edited:
Yes Bob good job done there.

I made a bench using two layers of ply screwed/stuck together and bought 3 legs from Ikea - ones that are telescopic for uneven ground and were fitted at an angle to increase stability

View attachment 43427

very nice peter.

i like the legs as well, more flexable than the ones above,

bob.

Here is my slart on a shooting bench.

An adjustable saw bench } CP.Clark £22:30
motorway sign in ally ? } free from Council traffic yard scrap bin.
roofers gully rubber/felt } free from skip its soft feel and anti scratch even better.
glue tile spray ,tin galvo spray free up in work shop.
wood edge moulding and old car mat screwed and glued.
3hrs work happy days :D

View attachment 43431View attachment 43432View attachment 43429View attachment 43430

thanks to all that i stole the ideas from :tiphat:

Back