A train named after Alex Salmond

Heym SR20

Alex Salmond's colleagues decided it would be a nice gesture to name a railway locomotive after him. So an Official went to the National Railway Museum at York, to investigate the possibilities.

"There are a number of locomotives at the NRM without names," a Consultant at the Museum told the Official, but they are mostly Freight locomotives."

"Oh dear, a Freight locomotive is not very fitting for a Party leader," said Sir Humphrey. "How about that big green one, over there?" he said, pointing to the 'Flying Scotsman'.

"That one has already got a name" said the Consultant. "It's called 'Flying Scotsman'."

"Oh well. Couldn't we rename it ?" asked Sir Humphrey

"I suppose for Alex Salmond it might be considered," said the Consultant.

"That's excellent", said Sir H, "So that's settled then...let's look at re-naming the 'Flying Scotsman'. How much will it cost? Remember we can't spend too much, given the expenses scandal!"

"Well", said the Consultant, "Why don't we just paint out the 'F'."

according to Wiki

Blair was born in Edinburgh, Scotland,[12] on 6 May 1953,[1] the second son of Leo and Hazel Blair (née Corscadden). Leo Blair, the illegitimate[13] son of two English actors, had been adopted as a baby by Glasgow shipyard worker James Blair and his wife, Mary. Hazel Corscadden was the daughter of George Corscadden, a butcher and Orangeman who moved to Glasgow in 1916 but returned to (and later died in) Ballyshannon in 1923, where his wife, Sarah Margaret (née Lipsett), gave birth to Blair's mother, Hazel, above her family's grocery shop.[14][15]

Now there's a swift change from the OP...

However, if politicians knew more of history and understood most third world countries are tribal, often based around religeon, they'd know that removal of a hard and often vicious dictator would inevitably create a power vacuum that will once again be sorted out by civil war and bloodshed on a probable greater scale than under the dicatorship.
Blair is saying he didn't know that......!!! With his fancy education - he & for that fact his advisors also - they had no idea???? He's doing again what all politicians do best. He's lying.

Bush and Blair together with their political supporters are responsible for destabilising the middle east, throwing away the lives of good soldiers and for what?
Just my view, but are Salmond & his fish any better......Personally I don't think so. ATB

Far from just having a train named after him, I think Alex should be put in charge of all rail stock, then you would
be justified in calling him THE FAT CONTROLLER.

Q. How do you know when an Englishman is lying?
A. His lips move

[I'm only repeating this; not endorsing it]

Back