Light weight trousers

i use seeland ones but ,they are very light rip everytime i look at a barbed wire fence baggy there sizes are at least one maybe two sizes too big fit the waist ,too long in the leg ,and after all that i love them they dry in a slight breeze and comfy as hell they have a shiny netting inside i also got the heavier keepers three years ago but still put my trashers on,plus ive never been bothered with midges or ticks, but that could be i dont taste good,

Deerhunter Montana dark green are nice and thin with plenty of pockets

a lot of people dont like deerhunter but my pair have lasted 4 summers and still look good

:)

Army surplus.... I have never used it since leaving school. My parents forced me to wear it and i remember being embarrased queing for assembly dressed exactly like a Japanese fighter pilot!

Fjallraven Barents
Light
lots of pockets
fasteners on leg cuff to hike round boot tops/tuck them in etc
double layer on arse and knees
get them wet and they dry very quickly

can be used with G1000 Wax to make them shower resistant

fjallraven-barents-pro-trousers-w-dark-olive-89336-633-550.jpg

I have them. Good fit, comfortable and they keep ticks off you. The decent trousers are all about the£100 mark.

I started with army surplus trousers.

Decided I wanted something posher and not camo.

Spent a fortune, and was still going through 2 pairs every 6 months (barbed wire is not my friend).

Now back to surplus, and wondering why on earth I bothered. If you can find the newer issue trousers in MTP, they are superb. Dry in a flash, massive pockets, very comfy. If you're squeamish about cammo in public, make sure you have a plain top/jacket, and you just look like budget rambler, farm worker or gardener. Spend the money on a really good jacket and accept that trousers are just a consumable.

Fjallraven Barents
Light
lots of pockets
fasteners on leg cuff to hike round boot tops/tuck them in etc
double layer on arse and knees
get them wet and they dry very quickly

can be used with G1000 Wax to make them shower resistant

fjallraven-barents-pro-trousers-w-dark-olive-89336-633-550.jpg

+1

I started with army surplus trousers.

Decided I wanted something posher and not camo.

Spent a fortune, and was still going through 2 pairs every 6 months (barbed wire is not my friend).

Now back to surplus, and wondering why on earth I bothered. If you can find the newer issue trousers in MTP, they are superb. Dry in a flash, massive pockets, very comfy. If you're squeamish about cammo in public, make sure you have a plain top/jacket, and you just look like budget rambler, farm worker or gardener. Spend the money on a really good jacket and accept that trousers are just a consumable.

Agree about MTP being of good quality,
Re plain colours, have you tried the green "lightweights"?

Seeland Etosha trousers are great for the summer lightweight but not easily ripped and they dry very quickly. I believe John Norris is selling them at £30 just now, which is half the normal price.

Seeland Etosha trousers are great for the summer lightweight but not easily ripped and they dry very quickly. I believe John Norris is selling them at £30 just now, which is half the normal price.

Bought a pair from John Norris last week and they're not too bad. http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/ty_269-trousers/14709-seeland-etosha-trousers-8477.html

For a really hard wearing pair of stalking orientated 'summer' trousers I really rate the Harkila Oryx Light. A bit pricey but they do last. Just got a pair of the Oryx light shorts as well, so that must mean it's now going to rain until September! :D

Back