270 bullet seating for a tikka t3 lite

stevenb

A wee quick questions for u lads I have a tikka t3 lite and I, m just changeing over the honedy 130g sp interlock
Heads but i have noticed that if i seat them the same as my old one, s the rib will be showing the old rounds length was 82.37 new ones at 80.07 is this ok and whats the min length u can go for please lads

Ignore the canelure and just load to the COAL recommended in your reloading manual or the length that you have found best for you and that will fit in your magazine.

What units are you measuring in Steve?

Mm budy just seem weird there both 130 gr heads running with 58gr h 4831 powder but ones shorter with a flat tale unleing the others I used with boat tale
I, ve just made one up to 80.07 and tried it fits ok I think I, ll make up 5 and test later

If 82.37 mm was working for you, stick with that.
82.37 mm would be about normal = 3.24 inches.
Standard MAX COAL would be 83.5mm or 3.30 inches with a spire point bullet, and maybe 3.35 for a polymer tip.

The place to start with Hornady bullets is to measure Hornady ammunition with the same bullet.

Ye don, t have any factory stuff here budy
But I just done a wee trick I was told about use a case thats sized, fired from your rifle slit the case and sit a head in it then run it through gun now its comeing back 80.74 mmi take it the last 40 rounds I had were not right and these ones will be now

A flat base bullet of the same weight (and calibre) is obviusly going to be shorter than a boat tailed bullet.

Just wondering why you are measuring in metric, most of us usually use the imperial system as most of the reloading manuals that we use are American.

No it doesn't matter but it can cause a few problems if converting quite small figures as that is where errors can come in.

Back