cleggs

limulus

Loads of the damn things about just now.
We don't usually see a lot of them until august/September.
Is it just cleggs or is everything early this year? Fields of rape here look almost ready to reap.

I agree they do seem a bit early, cleggs, ticks, midges and birch flies are terrible this year. I've never built a pheasant pen as quick as I have this year!!

stacey

av u lads never roughed it ,itsie bitsie bugs and flys if it wasnt for all them critters we would be dead, anyway when global warming kicks in we will be eating them things,now weres my toothpick,:old:

Normally get bitten to death by them, working in the hills in Scotland this week all I could find was some of the mrs Tesco insect repellant (50%Deet) before I left, have been surrounded by the buggers all week and never been bitten once!!!

You mustn't swat them lads. Brush them gently off and whilst they mark you it's not as bad. I was the talk of Jura one year - " oh, you're the man with the arm" said the doc when I eventually sought help. He advised me to keep going with the anti histamines. Slept 16 hours solid and always remember it as the best sleep of my life - and that was 1984!!!!! I do bloody hate them though.

They are terrible at the mo in south cumbria. My left arm has at least stopped looking like Popeyes now and just itches a week on. In my impatience to bat them off last week when we were shearing, I slapped myself in my gentlemans area much to the amusement of my daughter!

I cut the grass at the weekend, but before I started I covered all exposed flesh with Boots Repel tropical strength. Loads of horseflies landed on my clothes but none on my skin and I escaped without a single bite.
Just a word of warning though... this stuff will remove the finish on a rifle stock and it melts plastic.

Back