sako or tikka???

jordang

Good afternoon oh wise members of the lands finest forum....

I am in somewhat of a pickle. 2 rifles in the same cal, condition, barrel length, price (£75 difference) and both blued/wood. Only one slot!!!!

Which would you choose, as I cannot!!!!

Tikka M590
Sako L61r

:rolleyes:

the sako is a '68, Tikka a much younger 90's as far as I can gather.

both in beautiful 7mm rem mag :D

The early Sako's are becoming sought after.

But given equal condition, Sako every time for me. Cartridge specific actions instead of a "one size fits all" in the Tikka.

A hard choice though, I do take your point! Could you shoot both and see which one you prefer? There is no bad decision on offer here.

You will have to let us know what you decide, and why.

Atb, ft

you havent told us the price - just the difference! the tikka will be over priced - unless the sako is £50 :p

seriously - the tikkas are ok, my mate shoots them in 22-250 and .243 - i think the sako is a bit more traditional in its looks and probably would suit the cardigan wearers among us.

Sako L61R 7mm Rem.Mag with a Red Stag which I shot around 1973.
[ hunt over, rifle empty and scope caps back on. ]

HWH.

DSC_0125.jpg

seriously - the tikkas are ok, my mate shoots them in 22-250 and .243 - i think the sako is a bit more traditional in its looks and probably would suit the cardigan wearers among us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have everything bar the cardy,.... in every shade of brown or green :lol:

the sako is definately more traditional looking as it still has the original irons sights on... that said if i get it screwcut I will ruin its lovely classic looks :confused:

I bit the bullet & had my lovely Sako finnbear recrowned & threaded at Continental in Dalry, best thing I ever did!, the threaded holes for the foresight are still there, so in theory with a nice thread cap I could still re fit the sights! :lol:

finnbear270 said:
seriously - the tikkas are ok, my mate shoots them in 22-250 and .243 - i think the sako is a bit more traditional in its looks and probably would suit the cardigan wearers among us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have everything bar the cardy,.... in every shade of brown or green :lol:
Cardigan Isay Cardigan :eek:
Didn't you know the Sako shooters wear waistcoats :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back