Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the south coast!

Greetings from the south coast!

Hi to all, finally found the correct way to post an introduction! (Thanks sikamaic!) well what do you expect, I drive cranes for a living! I live and hunt in Brighton and surrounding areas. I'm dsc1 holder and hope to complete my level 2 this year if I can find an opening that matches my work schedule as I work offshore on a 3 week on 3 week off rota. A few friends and I travel to an estate in Sutherland a few times a year to help with their cull and I hope to go in august by myself (and girlfriend) to try for a trophy stag, as we only go up normally for the hinds. I was a butcher for 8 years which obviously has come in very handy ( and for my hunting partners) would love to hear from anyone offering paid up days in Sussex /Kent /Surrey Essex or swap a stalk, I love an ungodly hour start and a good walk as much as the next man! Hope to try and train a bit of sense into my 1 year old Dogue De Bordeaux soon as he is very calm and seems to possess an incredible nose. Has anyone tried one or heard of one being used? If all else fails he can pull the sled out! Rifles used at the mo are, mag tech .22 semi auto, Cz 17hmr American varmint 16 1/2" Howa .243 hogue stock and Howa 7mm Remington magnum. I'd be more than happy to provide myself and adapted defender (shooting hatch & rail in the roof) to anyone localish to me who wants to go lamping on their permission , no charge of course, I'd do it for the crack. Hope to hear from you soon. Danny somewhere in the North Sea.

Welcome Danny, glad you found the intro section.

All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Thank you both. Chelmsford isn't a soppy that readily springs to mind for stalking, but there again I suppose, neither is Brighton! How's things up there?

I've no idea why my I pad spelt SOPPY! It meant to say area! Fat fingers sorry.

HI Danny
    Welcome to the SD site "Good health and Good Hunting", from Keith in the Northwest.

hi and welcome to sd all the very best

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thanks chaps, I wish I'd found SD sooner in my hunting career, it would have helped having to guess and work a lot of stuff out for myself, although that's how you learn I suppose!