Thread: a lovely place to be

a lovely place to be

hi all

over the weekend just gone i put together a high seat to sit on the edge of a wood.. it took the best part of Saturday to get the wood make the seat and give it a extra cover of weather proofing..

on Sunday afternoon i dismantled it into the ladder section and seat.... it just about fitted in the car with all seats down i did sweat a bit as i didn't think it was going to fit but it was ok in the end..

i got to the farm in the sticking heat and had the joy of carrying the high seat 300 yards into position to say it killed me was a understatement i was soaked with sweat...

i finally got it up in the tree and made sure it was stable and could take my weight.. i sat there for three hours it was the most chilled out iv been in a while almost close to nodding off i cant think of a better way to spend some time it was a cracking day loads of wild life out sun blazing it was just a treat .. i slowly began to see deer move first i called in a roe doe with a kid they where very interested in the call and got them with 40 yards of the tree .and then it happened i took a royal miss.... a munty came out from cover and i shot clear over its back i had taken the 270 and i reckon i snatched the trigger a bit and the round sailed passed i was mega peed with myself and left the seat very disappointed ... all night i had the poor shot on my mind so next day i though sod it im going back to see if i could correct my shot ..

luck was with me i had only been in the seat for half an hour and the little munty appeared in the same spot this time i had my trusty tikka it was a long shot but felt confident .... the munty that had slipped me the day before was now down ......

seat ready

image upload no size limit

free image host

image hosting over 2mb

thanks andy...

Nice, if you are leaving it out in the weather, you may think about putting cleats in between the steps so that they are supported by more than just a couple nails or screws. Myself, I'd do it anyway being a little on the heavy side......

Nice erection mate!! Enjoyed the write up too and I know what you mean, you can't beat sitting out in the highseat this time of year when there's plenty about!!

Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Nice work, that must be very satisfying. I hope that is the first of many enjoyable days to come in the seat.

im sure it will be .. its addictive i just keep thinking about going back... lol

The tread title says it all. Well done.

lovely, i can keep it warm,