Estonia flights

ian67

Has anyone flown to Estonia with a firearm from the U.K.?
If so, which carrier, where from and how did it go?

Cheers

Mole hasn't been on the site for quite a while but he has just written an article in the shooting times about Elk shooting in Estonia so I should imagine he should know.
Perhaps he will pop up soon and give you an answer.

Hi. Never took a firearm from Estonia but have spent time there flying out of Tallin Airport. Small easy to get through airport. There 3 gun shops within 15 mins walk from the airport and they stock everything. If you have a European cert they will sell you everything. Bit cheaper than here.

If flights to Tallinn are very expensive or badly scheduled, you can always fly to Helsinki-Vantaa in Finland and cross the sea by 2 hour ferry. No additional documents needed, EU firearms passport and invitation to hunt are enough.

Cheapest ferry prices are something like 20 Euro per passenger and 20 Euro for car. I had a quick glance at Helsinki-Vantaa car rentals and e.g. Sixt is offering cars from 50 Euro per day (there was a mention that cross-border rentals should be requested in advance). So in some cases this could be an option, and also enable you to move more freely in Estonia.

Thanks for the info lads. I cant seem to find an airport in the UK that flys direct.
I'm sure someone will know.

Cheers

That's what I needed to know.
Are they anygood with transporting sporting rifles?

Easy Jet are one of the easiest to deal with when carrying firearms, the last time I used them I think it was £25 each way and classed as Sports Equipment.
They still have to be notified of course.

Thanks again.
I had better stay away from the other kind of sporting shops though, I will need my load for the the 4 legged beasts I hope to hunt.

Cheers

Easy Jet were fine. It's the secure check in that can be a problem. The "person" who dealt with me was obviously an anti. She did her level best to be obstructive and damn near wrecked my holiday. At the first hint of a problem insist on seeing a supervisor.

Back