Thread: wildcat p8 thread

wildcat p8 thread

im in the process of getting a new rifle and it has a 14x1 thread instead of the 1/2" that my p8 has for my old rifle, i see i can buy a new part for the mod that would use the 14x1 thread but its 60 quid , do you think a gun smith could re thread my original mod or do i have to spend more of my hard earned lol

1/2 "=12.6mm , should leave enough meat for a recut with a 14mm tap .my wildcat strips down to bits n pieces so a good smith should be able to do the required amount of work without hassle atb

I was in a similar situation and my local RFD swapped them around for me, he kept the old one. No money changed hands......

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

as Tozzybum states there is enough meat left to re thread iv just had it done

Thanks lads il take it in to gunsmith and hopefully he can do it , I'd rather get the mod done than get barrel re threaded
    cheers again

As stated above, make sure theres enough barrel thickness, plus its much easier the swap the threads on the mod.

spoke to gunsmith and he said its an easy job to re cut the threads on the mod so happy days
    cheers lads