Scope Mounts For A Parker Hale

Jim xyz

Hi All,

I need some high ish 1" scope mounts for my Parker Hale .270. I've been looking for some RAHS3s but am struggling, does anyone know of anything else that will do?

It's got Parker Hale bases on it and I don't really want to change them as sooner or later I'll find some RAH3s. I've seen some Sportsmatch rings on the net (model TO50C) that say they are suitable for Parker Hale bases but I reckon my bases are 19mm across the flat where as these say they are suitable for 17mm bases.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Jim

I think I have a new set somewhere - I'll look later when I'm home .

Correction - I have a used set RAHS3 in my hand if you need them.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I need some high ish 1" scope mounts for my Parker Hale .270. I've been looking for some RAHS3s but am struggling, does anyone know of anything else that will do?

It's got Parker Hale bases on it and I don't really want to change them as sooner or later I'll find some RAH3s. I've seen some Sportsmatch rings on the net (model TO50C) that say they are suitable for Parker Hale bases but I reckon my bases are 19mm across the flat where as these say they are suitable for 17mm bases.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Jim

It depends on where they measure the bases. Some measure across the top whilst other measure the bottom of the angle.

In the mean time Lynx/B-Square who took up the old Hilver line of mounts do make them to fit the earlier BSA's which of course were machined to use Parker-Hale rings. I have three sets but they are all for 26 mm scope tubes. Only have one set of RAHS.3 rings left and as you say they are getting harder to find now in good condition.

Another option would be to swap the bases for soem Weaver ones. They do I believe a steel line of them. not sure if they list the -h rifles but it would be surprising if they didn't as after all they are a Mauser 98 receiver/action and the Mauser 98 is still very popular in the US.

I had a similar problem on my BSA Monarch, it had Parker Hale Bases and I could not find rings to suit.
Replaced the Bases with steel weaver bases from Optics Warehouse. Then used some Sports match Rings.

Hi Guys,

As always SD proves how great it is.

Waterford, you are a Gent and I've sent you a PM.

Brithunter, as always you are the font of knowledge for all things Parker Hale.

Many thanks,

Jim

Hi Guys,

As always SD proves how great it is.

Waterford, you are a Gent and I've sent you a PM.

Brithunter, as always you are the font of knowledge for all things Parker Hale.

Many thanks,

Jim

Your welcome, but I am still learning about Parker-Hale and it's products.

Parker-Hales are very under-rated rifles , I still have one - a P-H M82 7.62 sniper rifle , it's always spot on accurate and reliable.

Back