Thread: Thank god for dogs!

Thank god for dogs!

Went out this morning and got a shot at a wee 4 pointer, seen the bullet strike around the liver area, beast was 3/4 on with it's back to me. Beast jumped up in the air turned and ran into a long grassy ditch. Gave it 15min then went to where I thought it was. After a while I gave up and went home for my dogs, back to where I thought it went in. Both dogs in at that point then back out and ran about 30 yards on, seen 2 tails wagging, dogs on it! What a relief, buck stone dead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0288.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	43973

A great example of why its necessary to have a dog. By the way well done on the buck.

It's amazing how difficult they are to find in the high foliage sometimes, and equally amazing how easy the dog makes it look in finding them

Well done on finding the buck nice looking dogs also.

two happy campers right there :-)

can already see it in their eyes "dad, we 'told' you not to leave us at home!"

PKL, this was one of the rare times I didn't take my dogs as I was going straight to work after stalking. Dogs aren't alowed in the base due to the police dogs on camp. Bummer!!

Great looking labs, out of interest are they deer trained or more of a gundog with a bit of deer on the side?

They are used in all aspects of my shooting, game, beating wildfowl etc. I do try and get them on every deer I shoot though.