Land for sale 5000 acres

would take along time to get your money back, if ever, and always the fear that if you are from south of the border the locals may want it back in the future.

ha, and they may just come trotting along with pitchforks, tar and feather too!

Have you noticed how nearly all Scottish estates put up for sale at any time of year are photographed by the agents during the summer on a sunny day?

£120k an acre for land that is not prime agricultural land. Seems well overpriced to me.

Jimbo

Should that not be 1200 an acre?? Got me doubting my own sums now;)

At first i thought it may be cheapish and could probably go for lower than the asking BUT it actually sems pretty dear considering probably poorish ground and no 'proper' house or accomodation for any workers or guests. It may be doubtful if it is possible to make a living of a farm like that even farming/stalking/ghillieing and keepering it yourself be lucky to make a decent wage.

Would imagine the actual type of people who would buy something like this is very small, most people with money would be after a nice old house/hunting lodge plus staff quarters.
Bet plenty of tyre kickers thou

Locally to me ur looking about 4-8+k an acre for half decent farmland (mixed,dairy/arable) but that includes the house, stedden and sheds etc. So 1200 for poor ground with litle in way of sheds, pens, bucks or house is quite a lot really.

Amazing that in theory u could sell an average house down south/london (or a nice house elsewhere) and basically swap it for a small highland estate.
But would imagine buying it may be the cheap part if u want to turn it into a working/sporting est with house etc

£600,000 for 5000 acres = £120.00 (one hundred and twenty pounds) per acre (which isn't bad for just over seven square miles of your own personal fiefdom)

The sportings are usually worth more than the land on the majority of heeland estates i.e. so many stags per year at so much per head, etc but even so, the owner will not see a return on investment
Some interesting reading...
www.andywightman.com/docs/ESRC_sporting.pdf http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=htt...UQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNG4-LO_mUrqpVPojukFXFfb2z_E5g

The thing is we would all die for it i have a 1000 acres outside my back door i can zero my rifle sat on the patio but there aint any deer not even a munty
so to walk out on your own ground and see them not rented ground owned would be heaven

In the terms it says that the sporting rights are in hand. It does NOT say they are included. So I assume the current owner wishes to retain the sporting rights or am I miss understanding what rights in hand means?.

a

For £120.00 an acre you can't even buy empty land in Arizona - land that basically resembles a giant cat litter box, and is about as useful. I'm not in the market for that much land but I'd love a few hundred acres at that price.

you can only live there 7 months of the year...... for 5 months the midgies own the land. It says it in the title deeds

In the terms it says that the sporting rights are in hand. It does NOT say they are included. So I assume the current owner wishes to retain the sporting rights or am I miss understanding what rights in hand means?.

a

If sporting rights aren't included then all you have is an awful lot of bu**er all that anyone can walk over.
Caveat emptor.

In hand means that the current landowner owns them i.e. they are not let. So presumably they are part of the sale.

F

Back