Adding a shotgun licence when you have a FAC

Mickeydredd

Hi

I have held my Firearms Certificate for around 14 months now and would like to add a shotgun licence as I have attained some goose flighting options with a syndicate place I have taken up. It will also give me options for shooting over my hpr.

Do I have the option of requesting the shotgun licence to be coterminus with my current FAC, either to expire at the date of my FAC expiry or alternatively for the FAC to start afresh from when the shotgun licence is hopefully granted? Or must I simply pay the £50 for the new shotgun licence and do a joint coterminus appliction when my FAC expires?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Mike

I think the SGC must synch with the fac.
You may lose out on length of time the SGC is valid for but you just have to take the loss.
+1
i did this when applying for me sgc shortly after getting my fac. As a result my sgc will finish a little early, but will make it more convenient (and cheaper) when renewing.

+1 you might lose a bit on sgc, i allready had mine so i waited for my sgc renewal then got my fac cotermineous,

You do not need to link them both, but it would be a pain having to renew them at different times. Just tick the co-term box on the form and, as has been said, will expire at the same time.

I do think the police should ask people specifically about this, because I know of loads of cases where it's happened - someone wants to add SGC to a FAC or the other way around in the space of about a year!

a mate of mine has FAC and Shotgun both expire about 6 weeks apart, he wont co term them, so he gets 2 sets of messing about......

If I understand it all correctly the problem is that because of the legislation the police can't change the length of a FAC but it is possible to alter the length of a SGC so that is the one that has to be varied, and shortening is the only option.

Best wishes,

David.

PF

Yes can't have a magazine which holds more than 2 cartridges. I can't remember the exact wording but if I find it i'll post it.

F

Back