Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone using a burris scope?

anyone using a burris scope?
    anyone using one of these? was going for another zeiss but noticed one of these..
    some feedback would be really appriciated.

Just got a Burris 3.5x10x50 ir for my sako 270 it was in the same shop and second hand and looked pretty good glass 175 bargain as was the rifle
    Never had a vari before on a c/f so we will see how she goes but first impressions they look well made proof will be in the field .

I have one, nothing wrong with it imo. Does the job, I have a fixed power Burris and 2 more variables all on centrefires, .223, .308, 8x57 none of them have ever lost zero or presented any problems. I had a problem with one which was a manufacturing defect - GMK promptly replaced it with a new one.

I have an older Burris 6x40mm duplex, which is, to my eye, as good as the Leupold 6x42mm.
    I have Fullfield II 3-9x40 with BDC reticles on two .30-06s, a 7x64, and a .308.

My 7mm-08 M70 Compact wears a 1.75-5x22 FFII, perfect for such a small rifle.

I have a 2-7x35 with BDC on a .280 SHR 970, and am going to put one on a .270 Mannlicher Model M Stutzen.
    All of these but one are in QD Warne rings.

I am going to also put a FFII 2-7x35 on .375 H&H, because I don't have 30mm rings for my 1.25-4.75x off my previous .375 H&H.

The 2-7x35mm is a great scope for a light walk around rifle, like a Tikka T3 Lite. The duplex on all these is like the Leupold fine duplex, with a narrow fine section, so you can pick up the thicker reticles and get on target, but the fine reticle is good enough for load test / sight in at 100 and 200 yards. The BDC works. The glass is clear, with more than 98% light transmission. They have a nice eye box and enough eye relief for a .375.

A really good scope on the not-to-large size is the 4.5-14x42 AO. The MTACs come in 30mm tubes with 1/2 Mil Dot reticles and 1/10 mil turrets, which is really easy to work.

Burris Fullfield withstood many a day out on a .270, glass good enough for my needs on deer.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have three Burris scopes. One variable 1.5 x 6 signature scope on my 375 HH. Shot Africa and Finland with it in temperatures of 30'plus and the lowest -27' Good robust scopes and well worth paying for, however I bought all of mine in USA.
    I have a red dot variable on one of my two, 243's and again no problems with it now since purchased about 10 years ago. The last is a smaller glass on my 303 and again no issues wit it what so ever.

All my scopes are either Leupold or Burris. I refuse to pay stupid prices in this country, and have purchased everyone in the states.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Really tempted after all those good reviews!
    Just want something for stalking an bit of fox work...

I use a burris fulfield11 on a 270 been all around the world hunting still working well and i use it foxing also, atb wayne i like the ballistic plex ret, atb wayne
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by soother223 View Post
    You are putting this on what rifle / caliber, ranges on fox?