Cyclists

billh

Is it time that all cyclists were required to have standardized training before they were allowed on the road to equip them with road sense and should they be required to have third party insurance?

I believe all those under 18 should be required to be trained and those above that age could be regarded as having grandfather rights.

Third party insurance could be a specific policy or part of their home cover policy.

yes/yes /yes they are a pain in the derier and its all think bike then the clowns ride 16 abreast down country roads:banghead:latest today farmers in yorkshire dyeing sheep yellow to represent the yellow jersey ,should be changed to yellow lycra:rofl:

Last edited:
Worst thing they do is deliberately move to try and stop you overtaking when they don't think you ought to. I'll decide if my planned manoeuvre is safe, and if it is the last thing I want is a lycra clad muppet swerving into my path thinking he's making himself safer...

oh sod it. just ban the sale of bikes they also kill people the same as knifes and hand guns.

bob

If they want the same laws as motorist then they should abide by the same rules an pay road tax

If they want the same laws as motorist then they should abide by the same rules an pay road tax

I think it may come to that for Road Cyclists, especially in London. Too many of them think they own the road, especially on country roads round where I live.
The trick is to sit behind them and rev that V8 for a couple of miles.....

There's a cycling event/thing that goes past our shoot every summer, it always seems to be just as I'm putting the water out there are a squad of them. Don't think they are too happy when they have to go to single file to get past the trailer when opening the gate.

Stacey

Try this one then ............................ driving down our road to find miss numpty riding right at you one the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. This it seems is so she can see the traffic coming and she claims it's safer.

We also get several cycle races come pass each year and everyone is supposed to stop and let them cross wobble about etc and do what they want. An orange waistcoat with "Marshall" on it means they can stop the traffic and what ever else their little minds come up with. However show no signs of slowing and watch them scuttle to the side of the road where they belong.

Is it time that all cyclists were required to have standardized training before they were allowed on the road to equip them with road sense and should they be required to have third party insurance?

I believe all those under 18 should be required to be trained and those above that age could be regarded as having grandfather rights.

Third party insurance could be a specific policy or part of their home cover policy.

Do me a favour find a life . standardize everything the population in the world do, we wont require to copulate to produce ,we can just clone what we think is the perfect being.

(did Hitler not try this)

Now why don't we retest everyone's driving skills every five years or send potential parents on a child awareness course just to make sure the know what to do before being let loose with the real deal of parent hood .

As for insurance it isn't worth the paper it is written on , I raced bikes for some 20 years, I had insurance for this third party, waste of cash, try and get a penny from them like all insurances there is nothing cut and dried in a claim , as a cyclist when hit by a motor vehicle ive heard every excuse in the highway code and a few from the bible all starting I didn't see you, contrary to popular belief the driver of the car never feels the pain, when hitting the cyclist or the cyclist bouncing off the vehicle and hitting the road or another vehicle.

Everyone from every walk of life can get it wrong, it is quotes like yours that start pandemics with insurance companies and there like. Just like the Forestry Commission and the bloody level two crap, we didn't require it shooting three deer doesn't make anyone an expert, or giving them a bit of paper saying they have completed a assessment doesn't say they know what there doing.

Buy a bike and try out the roads and the drivers out there, theres nothing in my vehicle insurance about ,what happens if I hit a cyclist whilst driving ??

Cyclists certainly can be a pain. For that matter, so can horse riders. At least cyclists don't sh*t on the road usually. And pedestrians, especially those kids out from school in a long line two abreast holding hands. What about farmers. Their tractors are a real pain and they also have the cheek to fill the road full of cattle or sheep to move them from one field to another. Give me strength, what about caravanners? And Sunday drivers, shouldn't be allowed. Or HGV's. Or buses that keep stopping for people to get on or off. And those accidents. The police just keep the roads closed longer just for fun, don't they? And whatever you do, don't get me started on boy racers. they all want castrated, that'd do the trick.

Just choose your pet hate, go onto a totally unrelated site and have a go. Great fun! Or...accept the fact that there are other road users who are going to inconvenience you, just smile, give a cheery wave and carry on once safe to do so. Your journey might take longer, but so will your life without all that palava complaining about stuff you can't change.

As Bobby McFerrin sang: "Don't worry Be Happy". :D

Buy a bike and try out the roads and the drivers out there, theres nothing in my vehicle insurance about ,what happens if I hit a cyclist whilst driving ??

Actually WS I do have a bicycle and used to use it to cycle to work and back down south however I was not stupid enough to cycle the wrong way down the road head on into the traffic and then claim that this was correct and safer. Nor did I expect everyone to stop and make way for me. Also unless they have removed and changed a lot of the laws most cycles are not even legal. Plod would have had a field day writing up the faults on most bikes when I was a teenager and the fines would have made him smile and rub his hands with glee.

As I used to drive buses I also know what a PITA a lot of numpty cyclists can be and how the rules and laws do not apply to them .............................. unless it's in their favour of course.

Cyclists certainly can be a pain. For that matter, so can horse riders. At least cyclists don't sh*t on the road usually. And pedestrians, especially those kids out from school in a long line two abreast holding hands. What about farmers. Their tractors are a real pain and they also have the cheek to fill the road full of cattle or sheep to move them from one field to another. Give me strength, what about caravanners? And Sunday drivers, shouldn't be allowed. Or HGV's. Or buses that keep stopping for people to get on or off. And those accidents. The police just keep the roads closed longer just for fun, don't they? And whatever you do, don't get me started on boy racers. they all want castrated, that'd do the trick.

Just choose your pet hate, go onto a totally unrelated site and have a go. Great fun! Or...accept the fact that there are other road users who are going to inconvenience you, just smile, give a cheery wave and carry on once safe to do so. Your journey might take longer, but so will your life without all that palava complaining about stuff you can't change.

As Bobby McFerrin sang: "Don't worry Be Happy". :D

Again unless they have changed and re-written the Contrustion and Use regs a heck of a lot of tractors and farm machines are not legal due to their width ............................... but that does not stop them being used on Britians roads now does it. Add the huge implements towed behind and the road it totally blocked but hey it's OK what does it matter?

What has happened to the cycling proficiency test. Remember doing mine.

http://bikeability.dft.gov.uk/

Damn, they even have a Level 3!
home_level_3.gif

Last edited:
Back