Thread: Roestalker 'Rough'n Ready' knife

Roestalker 'Rough'n Ready' knife

As promised in this thread here's the rather special knife made by digger9523 aka Nick, which gralloched my first deer last Saturday.

Rough and Ready my butt!

The knife was originally destined for someone else. It was commissioned as a gift from a lady to her hubby, the ungrateful git rejected it, he said it was because "I don't need a knife", whereas I think it's more likely because "you're a grade-A arse".

Anyway when Nick explained what had happened I immediately bombarded him with PMs and browbeat him into selling it to me. Fast forward a couple of months and an extra grind and polish or two, plus a new sheath, and here's the finished item. Blooded last Saturday morning (as per thread linked above).

To say I'm chuffed with this would be something of an understatement...

Oh and bonus... it happens to be handled with a piece of elm I stabilised myself.

Very, very nice and something that you can be proud to use.

Wish I was better with my hands (or so the wife keeps commenting on ). I look at a paint brush and get covered in paint. Thank god I can point a rifle safely.

Didn't know Nick made knives, what a beauty!

very nice ,m8 ive done 2 myself now its a great feeling using something you helped make .years of service in that quality item

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta cocker View Post
    Didn't know Nick made knives, what a beauty!
    It's my dirty little secret mate, I tell No one! You ain't seen me, right?!

Glad you're happy Bruce.

Lest I incur the wrath of the mods, the sale of this blade occurred on another forum (BB).
    As I tell many folk when they PM me, I don't do commissions. This was one of my tinkerings that when near completion was diverted off as a birthday present. That fell through and Bruce struck while the iron was hot and nabbed it before I decided to keep it.

I'd also like to add that it is still rough'n'ready, but as a wise man once said, "Love is blind...."
    Last edited by digger9523; 08-07-2014 at 17:29.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.