Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nice evening looking for a buck

nice evening looking for a buck

hi chaps

yesterday was just one of them days where you really didn't want to be at work i was clock watching as soon as i got i thought the day would never end....

well it did and that was me.. straight in the car to sit in the middle of nowhere and just chilllllllll.....

i had gone to a patch where they have a few to many deer around at the minuet in the hope i would catch a buck..

when i got there i was met with grass up to me nuts i was a tad disappointed as i thought it would have been cut but never mind. i pressed on and a few hours passed and only spotting doe,s i was beginning to think it was just not meant to be today ....then in the field stood a lovely buck and three does but unfortunately not my field i watch them for a while making there way across in my direction i good few 100 yards out i decided to stalk in and gain some yards .

i had made it to a field that had been cut that day with laying grass bonus i thought as now i could see them getting closer within 5 minuets a doe was in the field with me she had crossed over the hedge and was now in plain view two seconds later another doe i new the buck would not be far behind soi i got the rifle on the sticks and got into position...... would you believe it he came out dead 90 degrees to my left i was already facing the wrong way i lifted the gun up of the sticks and slowly turned he was only 30 yards away looking right at me i took a free had shot to the neck and down he went...

it was a very hot and sweaty hike back with the deer sack but worth every minuet of it i was so pleased with him stunning condition bright orange coat heavy full bodied buck.....

upload image online free

one of the rack a very nice wall mount

image hosting

many thanks andy...

Nice buck. Congratulations.

Lovely buck...well done !

Nice buck well done.

Roe bucks and the smell of cut hay go hand in hand i think .Roll on the forthcoming rut .

thanks for comments chaps... just going to start the clean up on the skull.. il post when sorted ... ta

sorted him now he has come out lovely and will be heading to the wall of fame in my

screen capture windows