Greenfields Of Salisbury Have done it again

EMcC

Back in April I decided that I needed a new .308 barrel for my Blaser R93.
I decided I was going to go for the all singing, dancing, fluted model.
I knew Greenfields didn't have one in stock so rang around the 'world' looking for one in stock.
I found one in Scotland and a heavy barrel one in Berkshire.
The rest of the dealers I contacted offered to get me one but was as expensive as the one available in Scotland and would take three months to obtain.
The heavy barrel one wasn't suitable for my rifle as it would mean opening the barrel channel on my stock.
After thinking about it for a while I decided to ask Greenfields how long they thought it would take to get one and at what price.
I had offers from £50 to £120 around the price of the one available in Scotland so had a rough idea of what to expect.
But I was pleasantly surprised to be told, apart from the same waiting period, their price was £20 cheaper than the one available in Scotland so placed my order.
As the R93 is no longer made, the barrel had to be obtained from the factory in Germany and made to order so the three months was the standard time span expected.
With a bit of geeing up and contact between Robert, of Blaser UK, and Greenfields my barrel arrived ealier this week.
So here is another pat on the back for Greenfields of Salisbury from a very happy Blaser owner, not quite an R8 owner yet but very happy non the less.

Greenfields are my favoured local gun shop. Ive always found them competitive on price, they also don't roger you too bad on trade ins, if they don't have it in they can generally source it fairly quickly as well. Nice old school gun shop feel with proper customer service!

Greenfields are my favoured local gun shop. Ive always found them competitive on price, they also don't roger you too bad on trade ins, if they don't have it in they can generally source it fairly quickly as well. Nice old school gun shop feel with proper customer service!

Agree completely. They get the bulk of my trading because I can trust them.

I'm glad to hear others are getting the same experience as me, it wasn't like that thirty or so years ago.
All those years ago it was primarily a shotgun shop and all the staff wore suits and spoke posh !
In those days it made me feel as if I had to wipe my shoes before entering it or I might get a bo****g !
Now it caters for everybody from newbie airgunner to top of the range shotgun/rifle user.

Back