Variations to FAC

User00025

Five weeks ago applied for one off one on variation,not even an acknowledgement received. The Licensing Dept is run by Group 4 which is a little worrying in itself as I don't really like all my details and those of all FAC holders in the county in private hands! When living North of the Border just went in and got it done within one hour dependent on how busy the typist was. Hope I get it back before the rut really gets going because I need ammo.
Anyone else having these problems?

I don't send mine in. It can all be done via email and then once the new one is ready you can go and swap it over in person. So long as you are prepared to some homework (read up on the legislation, home office guidance find out how things work) and politely dig your heels then you can get a lot sorted. I'm not advocating trouble making of course.

Just done a variation for a bigger calibre with A&S sent Friday back the following Friday sorted.
:thumb:

Applied for variation, .243, .17hmr, .22 , complete with each mod, on Tuesday, arrived this morning. Well done Northumbria.

Just had mine back from A&S, two additions with mods, two weeks to from the day of posting excellent service.

Anyone else living within Lincs FLD area experiencing a delay?

Good news from other parts, but I think this was the purpose of the OP's query. :rolleyes:

Just done a variation for a bigger calibre with A&S sent Friday back the following Friday sorted.
:thumb:

took mine down on monday evening to a/s for 17hmr variation,picked it up the folliwing tuesday.morning.bought a cz455 that afternoon.out sat nite shot 14 rabbits in a hour ,very pleased with new rifle.atb ade:fox::stag::hind::thumb:

Sent mine into leicester police on Monday late, had a phone call on Wednesday morning to ask why I wanted 3 more rifles. Cert arrived sat morning :) A* service

Just to point out. There will be a difference in administration time for the FLO when you add a caliber that requires new 'good reason' (smaller caliber for vermin to bigger caliber for deer) compared to adding rifles for which reason for possession is already justified. It should still not take 5 weeks if all the correct boxes have been ticked at the applicants end.

Just to point out. There will be a difference in administration time for the FLO when you add a caliber that requires new 'good reason' (smaller caliber for vermin to bigger caliber for deer) compared to adding rifles for which reason for possession is already justified. It should still not take 5 weeks if all the correct boxes have been ticked at the applicants end.

Agree .. well I always take it in person , report to reception and ask to see someone from firearms show them my paperwork then ask if they require anything more Don,t think they are to happy WITH this carry on, But have been doing it for 25 years , there's a fair turnover of different staff just when someone gets to know the job they seem to start having time off or leave the job ,, most seem to stay round two years ??

I think Hampshire must be on a different planet. My last two variations took 6 months and 7 months, the outlook for a one-for-one at present is 42 working days.

My last variation took 5 and a half weeks when i wanted two more rifles adding on. Spoke to Suffolk about changing one of my .22rf's for a .17HMR and was told it would take 2-3 days due to there being no increase in overall holdings.

Agree to add 2 of the 3 I added where bigger calibre for different things I was planning to shoot :)

M275
move to Northumbria and it will only take 4 days:rofl:

I wish!!!!

I already have a free slot for a .22lr self loading rifle, to try and get it changed to .22lr bolt action has turned into a real ball ache. I rang them and explained that having not found a suitable semi I would like the slot changed to .22lr rifle so I could but either a bolt action or semi whichever cam up first. Girl on the phone said it would be no problem and explained how to fill in the 202 form which I did exactly as she told me, 4 days later Im being asked to justify why I need another .22lr rifle! Once I explain its not another Im then told you can have 2x .22lr bolt actions unless you have very good reason.

I dont need another rifle, just a change to the action of the one I already have permission and an empty slot for and which I justified the need for (dedicated NV gun) when I got this extra slot. I rang them this morning and now the person dealing with it is on holiday :doh:

Ive had good service in the past but they are far from foolproof.

Last edited:
Back