Caution pays.

Muir

I was loading 204 Ruger last night and had set up my Jones Precision measure to drop 25.5 grains of IMR 4064. It was dropping charge after charge with unerring accuracy -less than a tenth of a grain measured on my Ohaus Dial-o-Grain scale. I installed the small diameter drop tube and began charging cases -handing each case off to my lady friend to rack in a separate loading block. When I was done, I took my trusty flashlight and visually inspected the charge in each case. What do you know! Many of the cases had charges visibly less than others. One case had only 20.8 grains. I concluded that the powder was partially bridging at the head of the small-bore drop tube and caused varying amounts of powder to be dropped into the case at each toss of the handle.

As I was dumping the powder back into the bottle I remembered Dutch Henchie, the man who would tap me on the back of my young head with his old EverReady Captain flashlight (torch, to you) and tell me to "Check every case! One by one!" when showing me how to load for the 30-40 Krag-Jorgensen. A good lesson learned.~Muir

I always have a squint down the necks when reaching the last case move, I weigh the whole lot, & chamber/cycle them all too, (in a safe area), nothing worse than finding that one round that may have missed the chamfer / de burr session, just when Charlie is crossing the field of fire.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well when putting 26 grn of Varget into a .223 case its normally level with the shoulders or in the neck so easy to check.

Muir, how did you find a lady friend who will reload with you?????

D

THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE HAND LOADS SHE WAS LOOKING FOR:rofl:

Well when putting 26 grn of Varget into a .223 case its normally level with the shoulders or in the neck so easy to check.

D

This may seem control freaky but I do not load more than 20/30 at one session and I weigh each load and charge each case, look into each case to get satisfaction that nothing has gone awry.Then add the bullet.
I am always concerned that something may upset a tray of cases with powder in and make for a massive and dangerous clean up job.

This may seem control freaky but I do not load more than 20/30 at one session and I weigh each load and charge each case, look into each case to get satisfaction that nothing has gone awry.Then add the bullet.
I am always concerned that something may upset a tray of cases with powder in and make for a massive and dangerous clean up job.

Obviously not a Dillon user :D

SS

D

Some long overdue luck! She used to load with her dad back on their ranch. Not only does she like to reload, but she likes to hunt, is a damned passable shot with a handgun or rifle, can cook, can sew, is well read, is a top rank Critical Care Paramedic, is easy on the eyes, can drink me under the table, and doesn't want to get married or set up house. She is a sweet young thing and I'm lucky to have her. :smug:~Muir

Some long overdue luck! She used to load with her dad back on their ranch. Not only does she like to reload, but she likes to hunt, is a damned passable shot with a handgun or rifle, can cook, can sew, is well read, is a top rank Critical Care Paramedic, is easy on the eyes, can drink me under the table, and doesn't want to get married or set up house. She is a sweet young thing and I'm lucky to have her. :smug:~Muir

you you lucky man :):)

Has she got a sister ???:lol:

JEEez! The man who has everything!!!:D

Muir,

Your having a dream, such a lady does not excist in reality!!!!

D

I wonder. Yet she texts me every morning at 0515 with terms of endearment. Today she drove 30 miles out of her way to bring me a slice of home-made cheese cake. She lives in the City now but grew up on a ranch learning to cook and sew without electricity and modern appliances. She and her dad used to pack out for elk and when they had gone as far as they would for the evening they would unsaddle and blanket the horses, feed them, then cut pine boughs to lay on the snow to use as a bed under their sleeping bags. In the morning it was a cold breakfast and back on the hunt. She used to be a wild land fire fighter. She does 100 situps every morning and boxes for a hobby. No pampering required with this one!

Hell. Last night she told me she loves the smell of Hoppes#9 Nitro Solvent.
This may be:love: ~Muir

Muir......
Summits not right !!!!!

That's just too dam right to be true
!!!

There has to be Summit you haven't found out yet & it be a show stopper!!

If not ?.... Your a jammy bar steward !!!

:)

And when you see them together and speak to the pair of them you realise that dear sweet lady is wasting herself on him :rofl:, she is a keeper though Cuz.

John

And when you see them together and speak to the pair of them you realise that dear sweet lady is wasting herself on him :rofl:.

John

I keep telling her that. Eventually going to come to her senses and see the old man she's taken up with and run the other way. She did tell me that if you weren't spoken for already she would dump me for you, you charming ba$tard.~Muir

PS: I just got a text from the Lady herself and could we go shooting tomorrow afternoon when she get's off of work??
Jesus.

Back