Cost of bds membership & insurance?

palmer_mike

Anyone know the current cost of the bds stalkers insurance? I can find the membership costs on their website but the insurance price isn't there (yes I can phone them on Monday to ask if no one knows).

just considering whether to move over from basc (won't go into the reasons here)

Anyone know the current cost of the bds stalkers insurance? I can find the membership costs on their website but the insurance price isn't there (yes I can phone them on Monday to ask if no one knows).

just considering whether to move over from basc (won't go into the reasons here)
Not sure about Bds mike but have you considered the NGO ? Good insurance and excellent support can't say enough good things about them

BASC covers you for most things including employee liability i.e. beaters on your shoot.
Around £65.

Willie

Whilst its easy to assume one organisations shooting insurance product is much like another that's not the case. I looked into it a few years ago as a number of my stalking pals/syndicate members were contemplating switching from BASC to one of the other providers, from memory NGO were the favourite at the time. The main difference was that the NGO were secondary insurers, in other words their cover only applied when you had exhausted all other avenues of possible cover that you might have through your household insurance or other public liability insurance, so that in circumstances where you were unfortunate enough to have to make a claim it was far from straightforward and you had to demonstrate none of your other insurances provided you with cover for the insured event. BASC cover was by comparison primary insurance so you did not need to establish you were not covered elsewhere.On some of our deer stalking leases I am the stalking tenant, I am permitted to form a syndicate provided I take responsibility for the actions of the syndicate members. I'm prepared to do so provided the relevant syndicate members indemnify me against that liability. To back up that indemnity I want to see a proper insurance policy in place which I know will provide real cover. For these reasons I won't accept anything other than BASC cover.Aside from this the terms of what the relevant policies insure you against differ as well, so its worth checking out the small print.

Out of interest, (Stalker48, you may want to have some input) as I'm a member of several associations with insurance and I'm covered by my household insurance what would happen in the event of a claim?

J

Whilst its easy to assume one organisations shooting insurance product is much like another that's not the case. I looked into it a few years ago as a number of my stalking pals/syndicate members were contemplating switching from BASC to one of the other providers, from memory NGO were the favourite at the time. The main difference was that the NGO were secondary insurers, in other words their cover only applied when you had exhausted all other avenues of possible cover that you might have through your household insurance or other public liability insurance, so that in circumstances where you were unfortunate enough to have to make a claim it was far from straightforward and you had to demonstrate none of your other insurances provided you with cover for the insured event. BASC cover was by comparison primary insurance so you did not need to establish you were not covered elsewhere.On some of our deer stalking leases I am the stalking tenant, I am permitted to form a syndicate provided I take responsibility for the actions of the syndicate members. I'm prepared to do so provided the relevant syndicate members indemnify me against that liability. To back up that indemnity I want to see a proper insurance policy in place which I know will provide real cover. For these reasons I won't accept anything other than BASC cover.Aside from this the terms of what the relevant policies insure you against differ as well, so its worth checking out the small print.
BDS looks to be primary by way of your own description. Not read all through the small print however it looks ok to me for what I need.

Back