Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&b, meopta or karl kaps

S&b, meopta or karl kaps

Look to buy a new scope at the CLA for the sole purpose or stalking boar (using the moon light) and deer so looking for something with 50-56mm lens any suggestions ?

56, low mag with IR. Any of the above are good makes. I would go for a used one or give Macleods of Tain a call and see what they have in.

Have a few S&B, and had a Kaps. The Kaps was one of the nicest stalking scopes I ever used. Easier on the eye than S&B.
    Great at low light. The old classic range of S&B is not bad either, Zeniths are good but very heavy.
    Have no experience with Meopta.

I only sold the Kaps because they don't do a proper bdc turret.

S&B 8x56 30mm tube I have shot Foxes at my feeding station in Full moon without lamp.

ive owned both meopta and s+b and both are very good i think that the schmidts do let a little more light in than the meopta but not by a lot and if it were my money i would actually go for the meopta especialy if your buying new

Thanks for your veiws so far ive got around a grand to spend so any other scopes you can think of in that price range

I'd go with either a zeiss or s&b. I have both and would say the s&b is better at low light.
    I have a Kaps too and can't knock it. Especially for the £75 I paid for it.

Have a look at MINOX... Schott glass and great value
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Id go S&B 2.5x10x56 illuminated. Perfect for the job. You can wind the mag right down. Had them at the bottom of the ladder before!!!
    Atb Steve

8x56 Docter might be worth your consideration as well.