220 swift reloading

6.5shooter

Hi all,

anyone got any loads for the 220 swift using reloader 15?
got a bit of reloader 15 not being used and interested in some data if anyone has any.

Thanks

I use N160 in my 220 AI with 52g Barts and used the same in the standard Swift. Callum Ferguson rebarreled it and recommended sticking with the N160, who am I to argue and it shoots superbly.

I use N160 in my 220 AI with 52g Barts and used the same in the standard Swift. Callum Ferguson rebarreled it and recommended sticking with the N160, who am I to argue and it shoots superbly.

Il admit I think that n160 is a great powder in the swift, just that I have some re15 sitting doing nout.
what charge of n160 did you run in the standard swift if you dont mind me asking Steve?

6.5shooter819585 said:
what charge of n160 did you run in the standard swift if you dont mind me asking Steve?

The last factory barrel was at 44g, the improved barrel is just a smidgen under 10% more.
Usual disclaimers apply.

Yes indeed, I became a convert to the Barts bullets when I had a 6mm/284 built. But sadly Callum couldn't get them for many years, so I've been using them sparingly. But the Bergers shoot as well.

I think Spud1967 who trades on this Forum maybe importing some Barts Bullets. May be worth a PM?

Yorkie.

Yes indeed, I became a convert to the Barts bullets when I had a 6mm/284 built. But sadly Callum couldn't get them for many years, so I've been using them sparingly. But the Bergers shoot as well.

Thanks Steve,

what velocity where you getting the 52 bullets in the standard chamber whizzing along at?
do you find the consistency of the barts and bergers better than the vmax variety?

Thanks Steve,

what velocity where you getting the 52 bullets in the standard chamber whizzing along at?
do you find the consistency of the barts and bergers better than the vmax variety?

Any time buddy.
I'd need to check next time I head into my sanctuary I don't want give out inaccurate info, but I do remember some other members telling me their 22-250 Imp. we're out stripping mine, but it's always about accuracy not speed to me. But the speed helps isn't that why we buy a Swift :D

To be honest I've only just started experimenting with some 40g moly V maxes and N150 as I knew the Barts we're running low. The initial loads seem pretty good, with the dedicated NV scope I never go passed 200 yards. So the 40grainers are perfect for my needs and I have several hundred, so trying to use my surplus supplies.

Regards
Steve

Back