Thread: Skinning - The Golf Ball Method

Skinning - The Golf Ball Method

Hi All

In an aim to provide an insight into the US Hunting press I have scanned a few of the recent articels I found of interest and amusement and attached for your enjoyment.

The first "The Golf Ball Method" is a little different but none the less original way to overcome the skinning of large deer.

Not quite me but I thought you might like or find amusing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinning golf ball method.pdf  

Nothing new there. Using a truck is a little extreme but the ball lets the cable grip. A hand winch is suitable. Look on YouTube for David Stretton skinning cradle, sure you will find something.

Regular Poster
    This NZ video has just been uploaded to You Tube where they do exactly that as a test. Their use of the word "perfect" is fairly loose but for your interest it shows it in action anyway.

The idea is sound and similar to the winches used in abattoirs. The execution is poor - dropping the skinned carcase on a dirty tarpaulin where the external hair just lay.

Hang it up or something.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

With roe, it doesn't take that long just using a knife and your fist. The most time is taken sorting the initial incisions on the back and front legs, then it's straightforward.

I enjoy taking my time doing it anyway, so there is no flesh left on the hide at all.

Do a search for air skinning