Benefits Britain

personally,the way things are going,i fear my children will become foriegners in their own country.
Well they are already at a distinct disadvantage in modern society, they are (I assume) white English children, put to the back of the que in their own land.

Well they are already at a distinct disadvantage in modern society, they are (I assume) white English children, put to the back of the que in their own land.

yes they are white English children..........

These programmes, whilst provoking, are just smoke and mirrors. The likes of the duck house MP and the moat MP must be laughing their socks off as you fall for this sleight of hand distracting you from the expenses scandal and the millions, nay billions, wasted elsewhere by government. What's the latest? Fighter planes that aren't allowed to fly!

yes To Right VOTE UKIP :coat:

Did not see it and glad, these programmes only ever show the extremes , to wind up the middle englanders , if they showed foreign workers doing a good job, paying taxes , helping in the community, it would make terrible TV and you all would have no one to blame for your woe,s , hitler did the same with the Jews , it was there fault that the country was in the state it was, not the fact that they were still payin back due to the treaty of Versailles, after they started WW1, and the corrupt pyramid selling of the 20/30s caused a depression on the world markets, the biggest culprit , joe Kennedy who happened to be a friend of the nazi party, who incidentally made a fortune out of ww2, but alas I wonder off topic again.

I had to go with a begging bowl to everyone to try and raise funds to put an extension on my home for my disabled daughter ( as you all know ). I will be working till i drop to repay the remortgage , no help at all from the benefits system my crime ? Because both myself and my wife work. , and have done i might add since we were 16. Never claimed a penny , EVER.

how do folk waltz into this country and be given a reported £40k in benefits without ever paying in beforehand ?

When i wanted a little of what my wife and i had paid in over 26years each , we were shown the door

No that boils my p1sh!!!!

I don't mind folk trying to better themselves .... Lot if Eastern Europeans here in angus working fruit farms ... Majority are grafters !!!! Local dole office forced 5 of local lads on dole to work with him to earn their dole
1 moaned work was beneath them ( no qualifications or experience )
2 created havoc fighting with foreigners

3 bottom line couldn't do a days graft

He sent em packing told dole office don't send any more !!!

Chip on shoulder expect everything handed to them

Then other hand ..... Come in country ... Rape pillage & thieve..... Claim all & sundry
Yet
Yet!!!....
The above gent needed help .... Paid his dues ...& his wife!!!!

And?
Get f@ck all !!!!!

Makes you sick
Paul

Pine Marten you took this off topic, France was not being chatted about

Benifits Britain was the thread.

Back in 2006, Nicolas Sarkozy famously campaigned on France with the slogan "Work more to earn more". Quite quickly, it became very clear that the situation was actually "work more to earn less in real terms" for most people. I think that summarises it all nicely. And I don't think that this will improve after the recession either because it's something that had started happening beforehand. Essentially decent paying employment that affords a decent standard of living with a gradual increase over time for most people who are probably just perfectly good at what they do but not superstars or Stakhanovists is becoming a rarity, and that's not because of migration.

Keep this civil, sensible and legal and it can stay, any (more) silliness and it goes.

John

My 16 year old son left school last week; we're going on holiday on Friday, and when we get back he starts his first job. It's not mucj of a job, but it's a job, and he is proud enough of that fact, that he turned to my wife and I to say "that's everyone in our family with a job now!" We might not be a typical family.....

Pine Marten you took this off topic, France was not being chatted about

Benifits Britain was the thread.

Sorry, it's just that I thought it relevant as the problems faced by the UK are mostly the same as those faced by other advanced economies and I thought that the phrase summed the situation up well.

From where I am, that's no more than a nuisance, compared to the gigantic chasm that's opened between the very wealthy and everyone else, to the extent that the gap is pretty much unbridgeable now. I'm quite lucky in that I just about managed to buy a small house (well, my bank did anyway), but buying a bigger one seems an unlikely prospect. Behind me, many more people have no hope of even achieving that. The next step involves an extra zero on all the figures. I think that having so many people with no realistic hope of being able to improve their lot because of gigantic levels of inequality is a far bigger and more dangerous problem than some Roma sleeping rough in the park. And that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with people coming over here to allegedly to scrounge our benefits etc. I know London is another country, but still, there you go.

Have to agree, a very small article in yesterdays paper stated that the average pay for a FT100 CEO rose from £4.1million to £4.6million last year whilst the majority of workers have had no increase in real terms for years. The odd person scrounging a few quid is a very useful smokescreen to divert our attention from the ever increasing polarisation of wealth.

My father worked as a stone mason,then a brickie since he was 15,leaving school with no formal qualifications,but got up every day for 6:30,and home by 4:30,every night he was at home and by the table with his family.
He's beaten cancer twice and when he was off work sick last year through injury he needed help from the state,and sadly it wasn't there.
We have been totally let down,which is a real shame,because we/he had absolutely nothing to hide,and just wanted some help which never came.

There are those that chose never to work a day in their life,and that is their choice,the benefit system is the only form of income they receive.
We must not forget that it's just another programme trying to get people to think,or indeed highlight the issues of mis-using benefits.
What these people are doing is not actually criminal. Channel 4 or 5 have a way of spinning the truth on these families and their choice of characters was irresponsible and selective.
We must also face the fact that while not everyone on benefits behave like this,and how many families are there in this country who have this many children, not many.
The focus seems to stem towards people who have made some choices most of us others wouldn't,that doesn't mean their wrong.

These families and a whole lot more are living in such poor conditions with the idea of this report concentrating on how much benefit the stereotype of people receive, but no one reports on how many families don't receive a single thing because they're waiting for the out come of their disability claim.
While focusing the attention of us,the viewer on these families the real people, with real needs who the welfare state was meant to help, isn't,and probably never will.
The waste in the system by all these so called reforms costs a lot more than people receive. People with Cancer will die before they receive benefit, now that's a scandal.
[FONT=open_sans]

[/FONT]

Sorry but from where i am looking, benefits are there to be abused by those that want to play the system. Trouble is most on this forum have a mindset that gives them the pride to not join the bun fight.

I can't help but feel that the Benefits Britain 'debate' is just smoke and mirrors created to divert the angry masses. The root of the problem lies with the system that governs the country. At the most fundamental level this system is based on a process of elections, overseen by the Electoral Commission. Have a quick look here Electoral Commission | The Commissioners at who our commissioners are. It's pretty obvious that they are entirely unrepresentative of the common folk - essentially a bunch of professional quango-rats. You can check out their expenses for the last quarter here: http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/165282/Commissioners-expenses-Q3-2013-14.pdf It appears we are even paying for some blokes mileage to his Welsh lessons! I'm afraid that paying 'expenses' of over £6k a quarter is just beyond the pale. Just to make it clear that's the equivalent of roughly the UK annual salary being paid as EXPENSES!

What chance do you think there is of any of these people EVER trying to make decisions to narrow the wealth divide? If the system wont do it - what are the alternatives? :-|

My 16 year old son left school last week; we're going on holiday on Friday, and when we get back he starts his first job. It's not mucj of a job, but it's a job, and he is proud enough of that fact, that he turned to my wife and I to say "that's everyone in our family with a job now!" We might not be a typical family.....
good on him

Back