Available: Rifle Range for Hire in East Anglia

200 meter Woodland Range available for hire for zeroing rifles, with fixed stable shooting positions
at 100 m, 150 m, and 200 m. Well sheltered from the prevailing
weather, situated neat Chippenham, Cambs, with easy access from the A14.

All calibres of rifles welcome.

7 Days a week operation.

Friendly & Professional

Quiet surroundings, allows you to concentrate on scope setup and zeroing,(help available)
on your own or with a companion.

Current Range Prices-------------

£15 per hour or £45 per half day.

Free tea/coffee available

Once zeroed, why not stay for an evening stalk, email for current rates.

Please contact us at stalking@dgvm.co.uk

Jim & Malc

Last edited:
"Lovely range sheltered by trees. Have had two evening stalks with Jim - top bloke"

Also had an afternoon / evening with Jim. As a complete novice I learnt a huge amount ( and of course recognised just how much ther it to learn).

It is a lovely range, well away from the public and well sheltered.

Not sure your comments are appropriate on an opportunities thread sinistral? If you're concerned then send Jim a pm and I'm sure he'll be happy to set touring at ease.

having used jims range I can thoroughly recommend it!

Not sure your comments are appropriate on an opportunities thread sinistral? If you're concerned then send Jim a pm and I'm sure he'll be happy to set touring at ease.

There's all ways someone Mike sound great to me
Bye the way next Thursday should be a cull if your interested

+1 I have zeroed my new Sako on Jim's range, also got my first deer with the new gun on Jim's ground,absolutely top man, cannot recommed him enough!

+1 to the positive comments. I have been there. Had a Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening last month out with Jim. Shot 2 muntjac, a roebuck and a fox. A superb place to go and excellent service from Jim. I also 'blooded' a new rifle and can wholeheartedly recommend a visit here.

Sounds ideal, but there are always pitfalls & pratfalls in commercial ventures like this.

Bearing in mind that anyone without an open certificate can't shoot here at all (and those with an 'open' FAC need permission to shoot as per their FAC of course) a few cogent questions come to mind:-

Has this got a current MOD (NRA) Safety Certificate?

Is the required Insurance in place?

Has it planning permission from East Cambs DC?

Has Chippenham PC been advised?

Might the 'local residents' (association or not) grow unhappy with constant banging '7 days a week'?

Does Cambs FLD @ Hinchingbrooke know about this?

I'm just asking the questions which tend to scupper worthwhile endeavours ....... :-|
that's just not on mate,if you were a decent chap you would ask for that to be removed,I have shot with jim's and malc at this range and have stalked with them they are both top top bloke's and likes the banter to see you on the 2nd august guys cheers vince,

Just zeroed my 6mm PPC, using 28.1g of H335 and Sierra 85g Gamekings, 0.3'' groups
Look forward to seeing other people here, and can always give you a hand with any setup problems.
Malc

Sinistral, you are of course aware that the MOD do not issue range safety certificates? The NRA have people who will help to design a range that fits the range design regulations, but it is by no means mandatory to have your range " approved" by them. What constitutes an "approved" range in law is simply one that has the requisite value of insurance (or some other kind of financial backing to the required level) Of course, having set the range up in accordance with the MOD range guidance will help to assuage your insurers, in fact they will most probably insist on it, but there is no such thing as an MOD range approval and the NRA scheme is not a legal requirement.

Anyway, I'm sure they have the requisite documentation, and a sales thread isn't really the place to question them about it.

Jim is a top guy , this range is on my doorstep and I fully intend to take advantage of it very soon !

Sinistral, you are of course aware that the MOD do not issue range safety certificates? The NRA have people who will help to design a range that fits the range design regulations, but it is by no means mandatory to have your range " approved" by them. What constitutes an "approved" range in law is simply one that has the requisite value of insurance (or some other kind of financial backing to the required level) Of course, having set the range up in accordance with the MOD range guidance will help to assuage your insurers, in fact they will most probably insist on it, but there is no such thing as an MOD range approval and the NRA scheme is not a legal requirement.

Anyway, I'm sure they have the requisite documentation, and a sales thread isn't really the place to question them about it.

Matt perhaps certified would be a more appropriate word to use rather than approved.
Approved normally refers to a club being approved by the Home Office as opposed to certified which is taken to mean that either the army (as in the past) or some other body/person has certified that a range (not a club) conforms to the design criteria contained either in the MOD standards or some other recognised standard.

IMG_3168.jpgIMG_3167.jpg

At the Range with:

Sako 75 in 6mm PPC with Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 and Sierra 85gr BTHP with results.

Malc

Last edited:
Cracking range experienced for the first time this evening, I will be back shortly! Many thanks for the warm reception and good banter Jim.

Back