Meindl Dovre quality

deerstalker.308

Having lost faith in wellies, and having had good experience with my meindl Borneo boots, I'm thinking of getting some goretex higher leg ones in place of wellies.
Thinking of the Dovre however ive found some reviews on google showing blistering of the leather on them, although the forums on which this is being discussed is 4 years old and hasn't been updated.
i know a lot of you guys and gals use them, anybody care to comment on leather quality?

Cheers

have the meindl dovre extremes and very pleased with them in terms of quality, durability and support.

couple things...after a few hours walking, the right one starts to give me a blister, maybe my foot is malformed though, so may not be the boots fault. secondly, they're heavy, but that's fine, it's not a summer boot! third, they don't actually stay waterproof when submitted to PROPER highland stalking, you know what I mean, loads of peat hags and soaked spagnum moss..

will I buy another pair when done, probably not,..I like them, but they're not perfect.

I'm still to find 'perfect' for a lot of things though!

have the meindl dovre extremes and very pleased with them in terms of quality, durability and support.

couple things...after a few hours walking, the right one starts to give me a blister, maybe my foot is malformed though, so may not be the boots fault. secondly, they're heavy, but that's fine, it's not a summer boot! third, they don't actually stay waterproof when submitted to PROPER highland stalking, you know what I mean, loads of peat hags and soaked spagnum moss..

will I buy another pair when done, probably not,..I like them, but they're not perfect.

I'm still to find 'perfect' for a lot of things though!

+1 for quality durability and the support, as you say PKL not really a

summer boot ! as for your malformed foot... I doubt it !

Believe it or not it's quite common to have one foot bigger

than the other by a half size It may be a little tight

(hence a blister).

meindl's come in half size's you'll just have to man up son !

Atb, Buck.

+1 for quality durability and the support, as you say PKL not really a summer boot !

as for your malformed foot... I doubt it ! Believe it or not it's quite common to have

one foot bigger than the other by a half size It may be a little tight (hence a blister).

meindl's come in half size's you'll just have to man up son !

Atb, Buck.

oh you won't hear me complaining when in the field, it's my nirvana! you could put a thousand blisters on my feet and I'd rather walk for hours and hours than be in an office for 20 minutes

Just sent pair meindle back as pouring water in ,also sent back pair Lundhags as they came apart,
both pairs of boots only three months old !!!!

I've never had blistering leather on mine but I do try and look after them. Agreed they are not a "summer" boot for woodland stalking but I still wear mine in the summer on the hill. I wear gaitors with them which helps with the peat and wet as PKL mentioned. Also I've always thought of them as not heavy for their size. I haven't purposevly compared them but havent felt the need to. Having said that those ones dlz90 suggests do look good for the money!

They're excellent.

I've found that they seem to have one minor drawback: the sole is very rigid. This is great when you're on softer surfaces (ie. most of the time when stalking). However, I find that if I have to walk long distances on hard surfaces (roads, mainatined footpaths or iced up mud), I get quite painful feet - almost as if they're bruised. Not blisters, but 'bruising' in the soft tissue.

Fortunately, this isn't really a common problem...

Just sent pair meindle back as pouring water in ,also sent back pair Lundhags as they came apart,
both pairs of boots only three months old !!!!
I had a pair of Burma boots, lasted me years.
I bought another pair i was so impressed with the previous pair, the new pair started to leak, only one boot but it poured in, i was annoyed as they were only 18 months old (out of guarantee), i contacted Meindl, they said send them back via Cotswold where i bought them, they tested them and found the goretex had failed, result was i got a brand new pair and they have been fine since then.
Cheers
Richard

I'm on my second pair - we get them supplied by the estate. Comfortable, warm and durable, but not waterproof if you start to wade knee deep through hill burns. Make sure you wear proper gaiters if you wear them on the hill......

The reason I brought up the goretex army boot is to highlight just how good they are, I have so far never once had wet feet through burns or walking all day in wet grass not one drop, and my current pair have had 4 years of hard use they are seriously tough and the last thing you think of while wearing them is your footwear and I think that says something, really cheap in comparison with the high end stuff they beat them in performance every time and for the money they take from you they should not have any issues but I have been caught out in the past paying crazy monies on boots that just do not live to the task and for me that's just not good enough IMHO

Are'nt these Dovre Extreme's suitable for occasional use with crampons
them being a BC category ?

That would explain the rigid sole, great boot nevertheless.

Rgds, Buck.

Calf high boots cannot keep you dry in knee deep water??

Hence the piece of red tape on the stalking stick Red, (just shy of boot height)
If the water reaches it your in the DANGER zone ! :scared: :lol:

Ps. can be dual purpose Boot/Wellington ;)

Atb, Buck.

Back